- Malbec - Red Argentinian Wine
- Trivento Golden Reserve Malbec is a legacy of traditions passed down from generation to generation; and expresses the passions of everyone involved in the vineyards' labours. Hand-selected grapes are then transformed into a concentrated garnet-red wine whose lively red fruit aromas and silky tannins make way for a flood of sensations on the palate.
- Wine Spectator 91 points top value 2012
- Wine Enthusiast 92 points 2012
- Wine & spirits magazine 93 points best buy 2011
- Wine of Mendoza, Argentina
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Trivento Golden Reserve Malbec is a legacy of traditions passed down from generation to generation; and expresses the passions of everyone involved in the vineyards' labours. Hand-selected grapes are then transformed into a concentrated garnet-red wine whose lively red fruit aromas and silky tannins make way for a flood of sensations on the palate. Complex, fruity and fresh. The aromatic profile expresses both sweetness and gentleness of red and black fruits, with light touches of marmalade. Deep yet subtle notes from the oak barrel ageing, with lots of personality. On the palate this Malbec is pleasant, sweet and profound, with vibrant tannins and a long and smooth finish. Food Pairings: Perfect when served with a succulent steak or a rich winter stew.
Region of Origin
Trivento Bodegas y Vinedos
Type of Closure
German Di Cesare
- 12 months ageing in French Oak Barrel and a further 12 months in bottle Please update vintage to 2012
- Founded in 1996 by Vina Concha Y Toro, Trivento Bodegas y Vinedos produces brand-name wines under their own label. The company has created an ample portfolio of wines distinguished for preserving the character of the Mendozan terroir. These wines have received numerous recognitions at international contests and in wine industry publications. In their short trajectory, Trivento has become the most diversely distributed Argentine wine brand in the world positioning the positioning the company among the preeminent Argentine exporters.
- The Mendoza Province is one of Argentina's most important wine regions, accounting for nearly two-thirds of the country's entire wine production. Located in the eastern foothills of the Andes, in the shadow of Mount Aconcagua, vineyards are planted at the some of the highest altitudes in the world with the average site located 1,970-3,610 feet (600-1,100 meters) above sea level. The principal wine producing areas fall into two main departments-Maipú and Luján which includes Argentina's first delineated appellation established in 1993 in Luján de Cuyo. Situated in the upper Mendoza valley, where the river is half-way through its journey from the Andes mountains to the eastern plains, many Lujan de Cuyo vineyards sit at altitudes of around 1000m (3280ft). Malbec in particular is successful in Lujan de Cuyo, but the appellation also produces good Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Torrontes. The majority of the vineyards are on alluvial soils; sandy or stony surfaces on clay subtrata.
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of Argentina
Name and address
- Produced and bottled by:
- Trivento Bodegas Y Viñedos S.A.,
- N° B-72110,
- CyT UK,
- OX33 1ER,
- CyT UK,
- OX33 1ER,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
75 Centilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016