Pataks Meal Kit Madras 313G
- Individual Sachets of Madras Sauce, Aromatic Madras Paste and Whole Spices.
- Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- For more recipe inspiration, visit www.pataks.co.uk
- A hot and spicy curry made with chilli's, a hint of curry leaf and mustard seeds inspired by recipes from Chennai in the South of India
- This Madras Meal Kit is inspired by the city of Chennai in Southern India, famous for its hot and spicy curries. The spices chosen to complement this dish are typical of the curries from the South of India.
- Peppercorns - Known as the "King of Spices" in India, Black Pepper is the whole dried fruit of an evergreen creeper and delivers a distinctive aroma and flavour.
- Mustard Seeds - There are 3 varieties of mustard seed, with the black seeds most commonly used in recipes for their earthy and strong flavours.
- Dried Curry Leaves - Otherwise known as Kadi Patta, Curry Leaves are picked from a small, deciduous tree and give an intensely aromatic, spicy aroma with a slight citrus note.
- Cloves - An extremely strong & pungent spice, Clove has a warm peppery and camphor note.
- Dried Red Chilli - Chillies range in heat from mild to very hot. The heat comes from capsaicin in their seeds and inner white membrane. Dairy helps with mellowing spice.
- Our new Patak's range helps you to create your own authentic Indian Curry in 3 simple steps. Each pack contains whole spices for fragrance and aroma, Patak's spice paste for depth of flavour, and a base sauce to finish off the curry.
- For three generations, our family has been proud to share our passion for the exciting flavours of India, sourcing and blending some of the highest quality spices to our own secret recipe. We hope you enjoy our Madras - a feast for the senses every time.
- Our Patak's Spice Pastes are made using a blend of carefully selected spices from an original family recipe, making it easy for you to create a delicious curry.
- If you have enjoyed this Madras, why not try the rest of our meal kit range - Tikka Masala, Goan, Rogan Josh and more!
- Chilli rating - hot - 3
- 3 simple steps!
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Pack size: 313g
Madras Base Sauce (77%) [Water, Onion Purée, Tomatoes [contains Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid)], Concentrated Tomato Paste, Rapeseed Oil, Ginger Purée, Garlic Purée, Modified Maize Starch, Sugar, Salt, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid)], Madras Paste (22%) [Water, Ground Spices [Coriander, Paprika, Turmeric (0.6%), Cumin (0.6%), Spices, Fenugreek, Black Pepper (0.3%), Ginger], Rapeseed Oil, Tamarind Pulp [Water, Tamarind, Salt, Acid (Acetic Acid)], Salt, Maize Flour, Acidity Regulators (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid), Mustard Powder (0.3%), Dried Crushed Red Chilli (0.2%), Garlic Powder, Black Mustard Seeds (0.1%)], Whole Spices (1%) [Mustard Seeds (0.3%), Dried Red Chilli (0.3%), Curry Leaf (0.2%), Black Peppercorns (0.1%), Cloves (0.1%)]
- May also contain Peanuts, Nuts, Milk
- May Contain: Milk, Nuts, Peanuts
Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, use immediately.
Origin Free Text
Packed in Poland with components from Thailand, UK and Poland
Preparation and Usage
- This product must be cooked.
- Just Add
- Beef (300g)
- Vegetable Oil (1tbsp)
- Water (50ml)
- 1 In a pan, gently fry the whole spices in 1tbsp of vegetable oil for 20 seconds.
- 2 Add the Patak's Spice Paste with 50ml water and gently fry until the water is almost evaporated. Add meat or vegetables and fry until sealed.
- 3 Stir in the sauce and simmer for 15-30 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. If using beef or lamb allow to simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
Number of uses
2 Servings per pack: 2, Serving size: 156 g
- Free From Artificial Colours
- Free From Artificial Flavours
- Free From Artificial Preservatives
Name and address
- AB World Foods Ltd.,
- WN7 5RS,
- Guarantee: If you haven't enjoyed this product, please contact us quoting the code on the base. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- AB World Foods Ltd.,
- WN7 5RS,
- UK: 0800 0195 617
- ROI: 0044 800 0195 617
313 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100g||Per serving|
|of which saturates||0.6g||0.9g|
|of which sugars||5.2g||8.1g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019