- Individual Sachets of Madras Sauce, aromatic Madras Paste and Whole Spices
- For more recipe inspiration, visit www.Pataks.co.uk
- Our New Patak's range helps you to create your own Authentic Indian curry in 3 simple steps. Each pack contains Whole Spices for fragrance and aroma, Patak's Spice Paste for depth of flavour, and a Base sauce to finish off the curry.
- For three generations, our family has been proud to share our passion for the exciting flavours of India, sourcing and blending some of the highest quality spices to our own secret recipe.
- We hope you enjoy our new South Indian Madras - a feast for the senses every time.
- Indian Origins
- Our Madras curry is inspired by the curries cooked in the city of Madras, now called Chennai, in the state of Tamil Nadu in the South of India. This region is famous for rich and spicy curries, predominantly flavoured with black pepper and tamarind. The whole spices chosen to complement this dish are: Peppercorns, Mustard Seeds, Cloves, Curry Leaves and Dried Red Chilli
- Our Patak's Spice Pastes are made using a blend of carefully selected spices from an original family recipe, making it easy for you to create a delicious curry.
- Patak's Spice Pastes are available to buy separately in Tikka Masala, Madras, Rogan Josh and more
- If you've enjoyed this South Indian madras, why not try the rest of our 3 Step range?
- Now available in: Punjabi Tikka Masala, Keralan Korma
- Chilli rating - hot - 3
- Create a hot and aromatic curry with a hint of curry leaf and mustard seeds
- No artificial preservatives, colours or flavours
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Pack size: 313g
Madras Sauce (77%) [Water, Onion Purée, Concentrated Tomato Paste, Tomatoes [contains Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid)], Rapeseed Oil, Ginger Purée, Garlic Purée, Sugar, Modified Maize Starch, Salt, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid)], Madras Paste (22%) [Water, Ground Spices [Coriander, Paprika, Turmeric, Cumin, Spices, Fenugreek, Mustard Powder (0.3%), Black Pepper (0.3%), Ginger], Rapeseed Oil, Tamarind Pulp [Water, Tamarind (0.5%), Salt, Acid (Acetic Acid)], Salt, Maize Flour, Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid), Dried Crushed Red Chilli (0.2%), Garlic Powder, Black Mustard Seeds (0.1%)], Whole Spices (1%) [Mustard Seeds (0.3%), Dried Red Chilli (0.3%), Curry Leaf (0.2%), Black Peppercorns (0.1%), Cloves (0.1%)]
- May Contain: Cereals Containing Gluten, Milk, Nuts, Peanuts, Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites, Soya
Store in a cool, dry place., Once opened, use immediately.
Origin Free Text
Packed in Poland with components from Thailand, UK and Poland
Preparation and Usage
- 3 Simple Steps
- 1 Gently Fry the Whole Spices in Oil
- 2 Add the Patak's Spice Paste
- 3 Stir In the Base Sauce and Simmer
- This product must be cooked.
Number of uses
2 Average Serving Size: 156 g Average Servings per Pack: 2
- Free From Artificial Colours
- Free From Artificial Flavours
- Free From Artificial Preservatives
Name and address
- AB World Foods Ltd.,
- WN7 5RS,
- Guarantee: If you haven't enjoyed this product, please contact us quoting the code on the lid.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
- AB World Foods Ltd.,
- WN7 5RS,
- UK: 0800 0195 617
- ROI: 0044 800 0195 617
313 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100g||per serving|
|Energy||605kJ / 146kcal||944kJ / 228kcal|
|of which saturates||1.0g||14.4g|
|of which sugars||3.0g||4.7g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016