- Individual Sachets of Creamy Tikka Masala Sauce, Aromatic Tikka Masala Paste and Whole Spices.
- Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- For more recipe inspiration, visit www.pataks.co.uk
- This Tikka Masala Meal Kit is inspired by the State of Punjab in Northern India, a region famous for its rich and creamy curries. The spices chosen to complement this dish are typical of the curries in the Punjab State:
- Cumin Seeds - Cumin has a very distinctive strong and spicy aroma with a rich and slightly bitter flavour. It is used in snacks, appetisers and vegetable dishes.
- Green Cardamom - Grown in the western Ghats mountain range it is commonly referred to as the 'Queen of Spices' for its distinctive, lemony, floral flavour.
- Ginger - Ginger is an underground root, in its fresh state it's most often used as pulp. Adding it to a dish will add a distinct flavour with a pungent fresh aroma.
- Dried Red Chilli - Chillies range in heat from mild to very hot. The heat comes from capsaicin in their seeds and inner white membrane. Dairy helps with mellowing spice.
- Turmeric - To create powder, fresh turmeric is boiled in water and dried in the sun before being ground. It has a warm flavour and a vibrant colour and is the 'soul' of many Indian dishes.
- Our Patak's Meal Kit range helps you to create your own authentic Indian Curry in 3 simple steps. Each pack contains whole spices for fragrance and aroma, Patak's spice paste for depth of flavour, and a base sauce to finish off the curry.
- For three generations, our family has been proud to share our passion for the exciting flavours of India, sourcing and blending some of the highest quality spices to our own secret recipe. We hope you enjoy our Tikka Masala - a feast for the senses every time.
- Our Patak's Spice Pastes are made using a blend of carefully selected spices from an original family recipe, making it easy for you to create a delicious curry.
- If you have enjoyed this Tikka Masala, why not try the rest of our meal kit range - Madras, Goan, Rogan Josh and more!
- Chilli rating - medium - 2
- Great taste 2017
- A rich, creamy tomato curry inspired by recipes from the Punjab State of Northern India
- 3 simple steps!
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Pack size: 313g
Tikka Masala Base Sauce (77%) [Water, Onion Purée, Single Cream (10%) (Milk), Concentrated Tomato Paste (8%), Tomatoes (5%) [contains Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid)], Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Ginger Purée (1.5%), Garlic Purée, Modified Maize Starch, Salt, Ground Cashew Nuts, Colour (Paprika Extract), Acidity Regulator (Lactic Acid)], Tikka Masala Paste (22%) [Water, Ground Spices [Turmeric (1.5%), Paprika (1%), Cumin (0.9%), Coriander, Spices, Mustard Powder], Rapeseed Oil, Tamarind Pulp [Water, Tamarind, Salt, Acid (Acetic Acid)], Salt, Maize Flour, Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid), Garlic Powder, Dried Fenugreek Leaf (0.1%), Cumin Seed (0.1%), Paprika Extract, Dried Coriander Leaf], Whole Spices (1%) [Cumin Seeds (0.3%), Dried Red Chilli (0.3%), Green Cardamon (0.2%), Dried Bay Leaves (0.1%), Dried Fenugreek Leaf (0.1%)]
- May also contain Peanuts and other Nuts
Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, use immediately.
Packed in Poland with components from Thailand, UK and Poland
Preparation and Usage
- This product must be cooked.
- Just Add
- Diced Chicken Thigh (300g)
- Vegetable Oil (1tbsp)
- Water (50ml)
- 1 In a pan, gently fry the whole spices in 1tbsp of vegetable oil for 20 seconds.
- 2 Add the Patak's Paste with 50ml water and gently fry until the water is almost evaporated. Add meat or vegetables and fry until sealed.
- 3 Stir in the sauce and simmer for 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. If using beef or lamb allow to simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- The whole red chilli is hot, so leave it out if you prefer a milder curry.
Number of uses
Servings per pack: 2, Serving size: 156 g
- Free From Artificial Colours
- Free From Artificial Flavours
- Free From Artificial Preservatives
Name and address
- AB World Foods Ltd.,
- WN7 5RS,
- Guarantee: If you haven't enjoyed this product, please contact us quoting the code on the base. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- AB World Foods Ltd.,
- WN7 5RS,
- UK: 0800 0195 617
- ROI: 0044 800 0195 617
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per serving|
|of which saturates||1.6g||2.5g|
|of which sugars||4.9g||7.6g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019