Sma Pro First Infant Milk From Birth 800G
- Pro First Infant Milk 1 from Birth
- Over the past 90 years, SMA® Nutrition has invested in early life nutrition research. As a result, SMA® Pro is born. Inspired by the specific nutritional needs of babies, SMA Pro represents some of our most advanced formulas yet.
- 1 from birth
- SMA® Pro First Infant Milk, our best alternative to breast milk, when baby is not breastfed. Breastfeeding provides the best start for your baby but if you decide to combination feed or bottle-feed, choose SMA Pro First Infant Milk, nutritionally complete with Omega 3 & 6 LCPs and GOS/FOS.
- 2 6+ months
- SMA® Pro Follow-on Milk, to be used as part of a mixed weaning diet. It provides iron, vitamin D, Omega 3 & 6 and GOS/FOS. Iron to help support normal cognitive development and calcium and vitamin D supports the normal growth and development of bones.
- 3 1-3 years
- SMA® Pro Toddler Milk is specially tailored to help provide the important nutrients toddlers need, such as calcium and vitamin D for normal growth and development of bones, iron to help support normal cognitive development as well as Omega 3 & 6.
- Also available in liquids
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- Breast milk substitute
- Combination & bottle-fed
- Omega 3 & 6 LCPs and GOS/FOS
- Nutritionally complete
- Suitable for Halal
- Pack size: 800g
Lactose (Milk), Vegetable Oils (Palm, Rapeseed, Coconut, Sunflower), Demineralised Whey (Milk), Skimmed Milk, Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS), Potassium Citrate, Calcium Citrate, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), Fish Oil (DHA), Magnesium Chloride, L-Phenylalanine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, Vitamin C, Arachidonic Acid-Rich Oil (AA), Choline Bitartrate, Taurine, Ferrous Sulphate, L-Histidine, Inositol, Zinc Sulphate, Antioxidants (Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alpha-Tocopherol), Vitamin E, L-Carnitine, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Manganese Sulphate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Vitamin B12, Biotin
Store in a cool, dry place., Use within 4 weeks of opening., For best before, see base of can.
Place of Provenance
Produced in Europe
Preparation and Usage
- Feeding guide birth - 12 months
- Approx. age of baby: Birth - 2 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 3.4kg, 7 1/2lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 3; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 90ml, 3fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2 - 4 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 3.7kg, 8lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 4; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 120ml, 4fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 4 - 8 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 4.2kg, 9 1/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 4; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 120ml, 4fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2 months; Approx. weight of baby: 5.3kg, 11 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 5; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 150ml, 5fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 3 months; Approx. weight of baby: 6.1kg, 13 1/2lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 6; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 180ml, 6fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 4 months; Approx. weight of baby: 6.7kg, 14 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 6; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 180ml, 6fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 6 months; Approx. weight of baby: 7.6kg, 16 3/4lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 8; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 240ml, 8fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 4
- Approx. age of baby: 7 - 12 months; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 7; Cooled, freshly boiled water: 210ml, 7fl. oz. (approx.); Feeds in 24 hours: 3
- This table is a guide only; your baby may need more or less than the volumes stated. If you require more advice, consult your healthcare professional. Remember to feed your baby on demand. Mix 1 scoop of powder to 30 ml (approx. 1 fl. oz.) of water.
- Important Feeding Information
- Do not add extra powder or water to make the feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill.
- We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles when required.
- For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible, and always within 2 hours.
- For older babies, made-up milk can be added to food.
- Never add any food to the milk in your baby's bottle.
- Do not warm feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
- How to prepare your baby's feed
- Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile.
- Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- 1. Wash hands well. Sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- 2. Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure the required amount of water (see feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle, carefully - the water is hot. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- 3. Using the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder (see feeding guide), levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife.
- 4. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well. Cool bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm.
- Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
Number of uses
182 Approx. 182 scoops per can. 1 scoop = 4.4 g
Name and address
- SMA Nutrition,
- 1 City Place,
- RH6 0PA.
- In Republic of Ireland:
- 3030 Lake Drive,
- This product should reach you in perfect condition. If it does not, please call us and we will be happy to investigate this for you. We will need some details, so please do not dispose of the pack or its contents. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
- SMA Nutrition,
- 1 City Place,
- RH6 0PA.
- In Republic of Ireland:
- 3030 Lake Drive,
- Citywest Business Campus,
- Dublin 24.
- SMA Careline®
- We're here for you
Lower age limit
Advisory Years : 1
Important notice Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. Infant milks should only be used on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist, or other professionals responsible for maternal and child care. When bottle-feeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Never leave your baby alone during feeding as there is a risk they might choke.
800 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100 ml prepared feed|
|Energy||280 kJ 67 kcal|
|of which, saturates||1.5 g|
|of which, unsaturates||2.1 g|
|of which, sugars||7.1 g|
|Salt* (= Sodium x 2.5)||0.06 g|
|Vitamin A||75 µg|
|Vitamin D||0.9 µg|
|Vitamin E||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin K||5.5 µg|
|Vitamin C||13 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.04 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.2 µg|
|Vitamin B12||0.13 µg|
|Pantothenic Acid||0.43 mg|
|Oligosaccharides (GOS/FOS)⧫||0.4 g|
|α-linolenic Acid (ALA)||67 mg|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)†||8.4 mg|
|Linoleic Acid (LA)||550 mg|
|Arachidonic Acid (AA)†||8.4 mg|
|*Salt is calculated as sodium x 2.5. Sodium is present for nutrition purposes||-|
|⧫GOS/FOS = Galacto-oligosaccharides/Fructo-oligosaccharides||-|
|†LCPs = Long Chain Polyunsaturates||-|
|SMA® Pro First Infant Milk contains Taurine||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016