- Energy590 kJ 141 kcal
- Fat2.6 g
- Saturates1.0 g
- Sugars0 g
- Salt1.0 g
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 472 kJ
- Seared ostrich meat, individually portioned and packed.
- For more recipes see www.kleinkaroomeat.com
- Ostrich meat is a red meat, similar to beef.
- It is naturally low in fat and high in protein.
- Animal Welfare
- Klein Karoo International is able to trace the meat all the way back to the farm. All ostriches from Klein Karoo International are bred using good animal welfare protocol, which contributes to a product of the highest quality. The meat is seared for your convenience to ensure juiciness and tenderness.
- Seared for succulence & tenderness
- Low in fat
- High in protein
- Quick & easy to cook
- Pack size: 250g
- Low in fat
- High in protein
Ostrich Fillet 98%, Brine (Water, Sodium Chloride, Citrus Fibre, Stabilisers: Sodium Citrate, Sodium Carbonate, Preservative: Sodium Lactate, Sodium Acetate)
Keep refrigerated 0°C to +4°CSuitable for Home freezing. Freeze on the day of purchase and use within a month. Once defrosted (in a refrigerator) consume within 24 hours.
Instructions: Baste the meat with olive oil or butter.
We recommend flash frying this product, serving it medium
Instructions: Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the meat in an oven safe dish and cook for 6-8 minutes.
Instructions: Quickly flash fry the meat approximately 1-1 1/2 minutes per side in a hot frying pan.
Preparation and Usage
- Serve exotic ostrich meat with a delicious sauce, potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Klein Karoo International Ltd,
- South Africa.
- Klein Karoo Europe,
- Food Mark 21 bvba,
- Leuvensesteenweg 613,
- B-1930 Nossegem.
|Typical Values||Per 100 g||Per portion 125 g contains||*RI per portion 125 g|
|Energy||472 kJ||590 kJ||7%|
|-||113 kcal||141 kcal|
|Fat||2.1 g||2.6 g||4%|
|saturates||0.8 g||1.0 g||5%|
|mono-unsaturates||0.8 g||1.0 g|
|polyunsaturates||0.4 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||<1.0 g||<1.0 g||0.4%|
|sugars||0 g||0 g|
|Fibre||<1.0 g||<1.0 g||4%|
|Protein||23.1 g||28.9 g||64%|
|Salt||0.8 g||1.0 g||17%|
|*RI - Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)||-||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019