- Roasting Bags
- Bacofoil Kitchen Tips
- a tip from our cooks in the kitchen...
- Leave your chicken to stand in the bag for 5mins before opening to ensure a moist texture.
- For information and other useful cooking tips from the cooks in our Bacofoil Kitchen, visit...
- Large Bag size: 35cm x 43cm approx.
- Easy to use
- Quicker cooking time
- Seal in all the juices
- Skin turns golden brown
- No washing up!
- Suitable for ovens and microwaves
Preparation and Usage
- Use me to create tasting roasts... without the fuss!
- How to use me, it's as easy as 1.2.3...
- In Conventional Ovens:
- 1. Pre-heat oven to required temperature. Season food and place in Bacofoil Flavour Seal Roasting Bag. Allow sufficient air inside the bag to assist the meat to brown and tie bag loosely with nylon tie.
- 2. Lie the bag flat in a deep roasting tin. Pierce 15 fine holes in the top of the bag to allow steam to escape. Make sure the bag does not touch the oven walls, racks or heating element.
- 3. Cook for the required length of time. Carefully remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before opening. Caution, the steam will be very hot. Cut the bag open, remove the contents and serve!
- In Microwave Oven - Note: Cooking whole poultry and large joints is best advised in a conventional oven.
- 1. Use in the same way as in a conventional oven and place in a microwave-safe dish and cook at the appropriate power level for the required time.
- 2. Prior to cooking, pierce 15 fine holes in the top of the bag to allow steam to escape. Make sure the bag does not touch the microwave walls, racks or heating element.
- 3. Carefully remove from the microwave and leave to stand for 5 minutes before opening. Caution, the steam will be very hot.
- Cut the bag open, remove the contents and serve!
- Cooking Guide:
- Beef: Temp: 200°C 400°F Gas Mark 6, Time: 25 mins per 500g plus 25 mins extra
- Lamb: Temp: 190°C 375°F Gas Mark 5, Time: 25 mins per 500g plus 25 mins extra
- Pork: Temp: 190°C 375°F Gas Mark 5, Time: 30 mins per 500g plus 25 mins extra
- Veal: Temp: 200°C 400°F Gas Mark 6, Time: 25 mins per 500g plus 25 mins extra
- Poultry: Temp: 190°C 375°F Gas Mark 5, Time: 20 mins per 500g plus 25 mins extra
- Cooking times can be varied according to individual preferences and differences between appliances.
5 x Bags
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019