Guideline Daily Amounts
- 7%of the reference intake
- 5%of the reference intake
- 3%of the reference intake
- 1%of the reference intake
- 7%of the reference intake
INGREDIENTS: Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin), Seeds (12%) (Sunflower Seed, Pumpkin Seed, Brown Linseed, Poppy Seeds), Oats, Wheat Gluten, Malted Barley, Salt, Yeast, Sugar.
Number of uses
Preparation and Usage
Makes: 1 loaf or 8 rolls
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes, plus 1 1/2 hours proving
Baking time: 30 minutes (loaf)/15 minutes (rolls)
You will need:
320ml warm water
Olive oil to grease
800g (2lb) loaf tin or a baking tray
Plain flour for dusting
Hand Baking Method:
1. Place the bread mix and butter into a bowl, mix until it resembles bread crumbs.
2. Add warm water and combine until the mixture is leaving the sides of the bowl.
3. Tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for at least 10 minutes.
4. Place into an oiled bowl and cover with cling film to prove in a warm area for 1 ½ hours or until doubled in size.
5. Knock the dough back for approx. 2-3 minutes to remove air, place into a greased loaf tin or divide into 8 portions for rolls
6. For the rolls; roll each into a smooth ball and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand then place onto an oiled baking tray.
7. Cover with cling film and allow to prove for 15-20 minutes.
8. Pre-heat oven to 230°C/Fan 210°C/Gas Mark 8.
9. Bake a loaf for 30 minutes or rolls for 15 minutes until golden and sounding hollow when the base is tapped.
Bread machine method:
Add the bread mix, butter and water according to the following size machines:
MACHINE SIZE 1lb/400g 1.5lb/600g 2lb/800g
MIX 250g 375g 500g
BUTTER 12g 18g 25g
WATER 160ml 240ml 320ml
Refer to your bread machine's guidelines to confirm the capacity and bake on a basic setting.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||One slice (50g)|
|Energy||1153kJ / 274kcal||576kJ / 137kcal|
|* Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
|When prepared according to instructions.||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2023