- Energy524kJ 124kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 1047kJ / 248kcal
- White bread mix with rye sourdough culture.
- Distinctively Tangy Just add butter & water
INGREDIENTS: Wheat Flour [Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin], Sourdough Culture (Rye) (10%), Sugar, Wheat Gluten, Salt, Yeast.
- For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
Store in a cool dry place and once opened in an airtight container.
- Preparation time: 30-35 minutes, plus 1-2 hours provingBaking time: 35 minutesMakes: 1 loafYou will need:320ml Water;25g Butter;Baking tray lined with parchment paper;Plain flour for dustingHand Baking Method:1. Empty the bread mix in a large bowl. Rub the softened butter (or margarine) into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs then gradually add the water.2. Mix together with your hands until the dough is well combined. Bring the dough together into a ball.3. Using floured hands, knead the dough on a clean, floured work surface for 20-25 minutes, or until the dough is elastic and smooth. If necessary add a little more water to loosen the dough.4. Return the dough to the bowl and cover with a clean damp tea towel or cling film. Set aside for 1-1½ hours in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.5. When the dough has risen, return it to a floured work surface and knock it back.6. To shape into the bloomer, flatten the dough into a rectangle. With the long side facing you fold each end into the middle then roll like a Swiss roll so that you have a smooth top with a seam along the base. Very gently roll with the heel of your hands.7. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper, cover and leave to prove for 1-2 hours at room temperature, or until doubled in size.8. Lightly spray with water and dust with a little flour. Make four diagonal slashes using a sharp knife across the top.9. Preheat the oven to 230???C/Fan 210???C/Gas Mark 8. Place the loaf on the middle shelf and bake for 25 minutes. After this time lower the heat to 200???C/Fan 180???C/Gas Mark 6 and bake for a further 10 minutes.10. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.Bread machine method:Add the bread mix, butter and water according to the following size machines:MACHINE SIZE 1lb/400g 1.5lb/600g 2lb/800gMIX 250g 375g 500gBUTTER 12g 18g 25gWATER 160ml 240ml 320mlRefer to your bread machine's guidelines to confirm the capacity and bake on a basic setting.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||Per 100g||One slice (50g)|
|Energy||1047kJ / 248kcal||524kJ / 124kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019