Benylin Kids Dry Cough And Sore Throat 125Ml
- Children's Dry Cough & Sore Throat Syrup
- Glycerol & Sucrose
- What this medicine is for
- This medicine relieves irritating, dry coughs and sore throats.
- What the medicine looks like: Benylin Children's Dry Cough & Sore Throat Syrup is a clear, purple liquid available in 125 ml bottles.
- For day & night use
- Contains spoon
- Pack size: 125ml
The Active ArrayOfIngredient in each 5 ml of Medicine are: Glycerol 0.75 ml and Sucrose 1.7 g, Other ArrayOfIngredient are: Citric Acid Monohydrate, Sodium Benzoate (E211), Anthocyanin, Blackcurrant Flavour, Blackcurrant Juice, Liquid Glucose and Purified Water
There are no special storage instructions for this medicine.
Preparation and Usage
- Before giving the medicine to your child
- This product is suitable for most people, but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- How to use this medicine
- Check the information below to see how much medicine to give.
- For oral use only. Do not give more medicine than the carton (and/or label) tells you to.
- Do not overfill the spoon. There is a double-ended spoon in the pack.
- Check the cap seal is not broken before first use. If it is, do not take this medicine.
- Children under 1 year
- Do not give to children under 1 year old.
- Children 1 year and over and Adults
- Age: Children 1 - 5 years, Dose: One 5 ml spoonful.
- Age: Children 5 years and over and adults (including the elderly), Dose: Two 5 ml spoonfuls.
- Give the dose 3 or 4 times within 24 hours, if needed.
- If your child does not feel better or starts to feel worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- You can take this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment. Retain carton for full instructions.
Name and address
- Marketing Authorisation Holder:
- McNeil Products Limited,
- SL6 3UG,
- McNeil Products Limited,
- SL6 3UG,
Lower age limit
Advisory Years : 1
Do not give your child this medicine... If s/he is under 1 year old. If s/he is allergic to any of the ingredients. If any of these bullet points apply, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using this medicine. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist... If your child has an intolerance to some sugars. If this applies to your child now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist. Some of the ingredients can cause problems This product contains 2.15 g sucrose and 1.7 g sucrose in each 5 ml, which may be harmful to the teeth. If you have been told by your doctor that your child has an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before using this medicine. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes. Carbohydrate content of this medicine is 3.4 g per 5 ml. If anyone has taken too much If anyone has taken too much of this product, contact a doctor or your nearest Accident & Emergency department (Casualty), taking this pack with you. If you forget to give the medicine If you forget a dose, give the next dose when needed. Do not give a double dose. Possible side-effects This medicine is unlikely to cause side-effects unless your child is allergic to the ingredients. If your child experiences any of the following, stop giving the medicine and seek immediate medical help. See a doctor at once: Unexplained wheezing or difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat (severe allergic reactions). If your child experiences any other side-effects not listed here or if you are not sure about anything, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Reporting of side effects If you get any side-effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side-effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side-effects directly via Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.co.uk/yellowcard By reporting side-effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine. Do not give this medicine after the expiry date shown on the bottle. Keep the bottle tightly closed. Keep out of the sight and reach of children. If you need more advise ask your pharmacist.
125 Millilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016