Castillo De Albai Rioja Reserva 75Cl
- Rioja - Red Spanish Wine
- Deep cherry red in colour, on the nose this wine displays aromas of candied fruits, cocoa and oak. Rounded, savoury, well balanced and complex on the palate, with great harmony and a long finish.
- Wine of Spain
- 2018 Berliner Gold - 22nd Berlin Wine Trophy
- Under the patronage of the OIV
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulphites
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Deep cherry red in colour on the nose this wine displays aromas of candied fruits, cocoa and oak. Rounded, savoury well balanced and complex on the palate, with great harmony and a long finish.
Region of Origin
Pagos del Rey SL
Type of Closure
- The grapes are carefully selected and handpicked before embarking on the maceration process for 8 days to allow the skins to be in contact with must. Must is then fermented at a controlled temperature (26-29 ºC) for 8 to 12 days. This ensures that the wine acquires its characteristic colour and polished tannins. Finally the wine is aged for 18 months in new American oak barrels before resting quietly in bottles to ensure complete maturity for 18 months.
- The winery, which opened in 2006, is one of the largest in La Rioja. It is located next to an ancient river bed and from it you enjoy views of the mountains in Rioja Alavesa. It combines tradition with modern architecture. Huge chimneys and steel covers resemble a vessel that dominates the landscape. A fir-wood baseboard embellishes the barrel cellar. The Solís family is associated to more than 1,000 family-owned vine growers that cover around 3,500 hectares across La Rioja.
- Spain's most internationally famous wine region is renowned for creating top quality wines with exceptional ageing ability. It lies in northern Spain, by the side of the River Ebro from which the region's name derived. Elegance and poise is the hallmark of the wines shaped in this ancient region. The variety of its soils, together with the combination of modern and traditional growing practices allow winemakers to produce a wide range of wines that exhibit different personalities.
- To enjoy this wine at its best, drink within < > of purchase.
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Preparation and Usage
- Serve between 16º-18ºC.
Name and address
- Pagos del Rey S.L.,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
75 Centilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016