Castillo De Albai Rioja Reserva 75Cl
- Rioja - Red Spanish Wine
- 100% Tempranillo
- Tasting note
- Deep cherry red in colour. On the nose this wine displays aromas of candied fruits, cocoa and oak.
- Rounded, savoury, well balanced and complex on the palate, with great harmony and a long finish.
- 18 months in American oak barrels.
- Wine of Spain
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Deep cherry red, on the nose it displays aromas of chocolate and jam, leading to oak and rich spices. The palate is packed with ripe red fruits with oak, tobacco and leather notes. Elegant and well balanced, this wine has an intense and long finish.
Region of Origin
Pagos Del Rey SL
Type of Closure
- The grapes are handpicked and carefully selected. Only the best grapes are used to make the Reserva wines. After fermentation at a controlled temperature of 26 - 29C for 10 to 12 days, the wine is macerated with the skins for 12 days to ensure that the wine acquires its characteristic colour and polished tannins. The wine is then aged for 18 months in new American oak barrels before resting quietly in bottles to ensure complete maturity.
- Pagos del Rey occupies a privileged setting on the right bank of the Ebro river in the foothills of Rioja Alavesa in the town of Fuenmayor, where wine-making and tradition form the very heart of the Rioja Denominacion de Origen Califcada. Work on the Pagos del Rey winery in La Rioja began in 2004, with the first vintage in 2006 and completion of the buildings in 2008. The jewel in its crown is its ageing house, with room for 20,000 American and French oak barrels.
- All over Spain wine is an important part of the culture, but in La Rioja the people live and breathe wine at every turn. It is the most famous wine producing region in Spain and produces some of its most glorious wines. The production of red wines accounts for around 95% of the total, with notable white and rose wines also being produced. The great Tempranillo grape dominates in the vineyard, producing wines that are both suitable for drinking when young, and those that are destined for prolonged ageing.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of Spain
Preparation and Usage
- Food pairing
- All kinds of meats, stews and cheeses.
- Serving temperature
- Serve between 16 - 18°C.
Name and address
- Pagos del Rey S.L.,
- Pagos del Rey S.L.,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
75 Centilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016