Versatile and no additives
Good quality. All the chopping and choosing decided for you. Great added to stew or mince for interest. Have added to soup. I really like that no oil is added, as some shops add oil and herbs. Very fresh. Goes straight into the freezer if you need to keep it for a while!
Do not keep fresh until their date
I have bought these often, but too often have found they are well past their best by their use-by date. Some of the peppers will by then be slimy, and some of the courgette slices already going brown, or the onions chunks will be dried out and brown at the cut edges. In the end I decided they were not the bargain they seemed, unless you can always use them the day they are bought.
Use By Date farce
Purchased on 5th April to eat on 7th April didn’t realise that Use By date was 6th. When I came to use the product it was rotten with mould. Who delivers products with only one day to Use By. Threw them in the bin.
These vegetables really took my breath away. Popped them in the oven and went about my business and lo and behold I came back to the most succulent of delights a boy could hope to stumble on. They keep it simple, in keeping with the Mediterranean philosophy implied by the products title. Just a lavish drop of oil and salt. None of those ghastly overpowering flavours that you mind in many of the fashionable culinary offerings of today, (c.f. for instance, prawn cocktail pom bears). I ate them all straight from the tin, not even decanting into an even more pleasing receptacle as is my usual course of action, such was the intensity of my love for these 'vegetables'. I shall be purchasing again and again!
colourful - super quick to cook - prepped veg
7pm just home from work - oh the joy of opening the fridge and seeing vegetables that do not need preparing, which one can just pop in the oven for 35 minutes and serve with bacon or that last bit of the weekends lamb - and a baked potato.
OK if you add your own ingredients
This mix is ok only when you add other ingredients to it. There is far too much onion in the mix and not enough of the real Mediterranean vegetables such as aubergine, tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers and perhaps sweetcorn. Too much emphasis in this mix is onions which have a strong flavour and suffocate the other vegetables.
Disappointing - virtually all onions
Ideal if you like onions - lots of them. I would guess at least 70% are red onions, the other 30% was made up by white onions, courgettes, a few cherry tomatoes, and the odd piece of yellow pepper. Very disappointing.
Too many cheap onions
Full of onions, very cheaply made. Overwhelming taste is onion rather well than other more expensive ingredients.
Basic Italian cooking
Review from tesco.com
It comes all prepared for the oven in a foil container and takes about 15 minutes to cook. Good with most meat and potatoes, pasta or rice. It is the most basic of all Italian food.