Tesco Finest British Free Range Heritage Narragansett Whole Turkey Large 5.26kg-6.51kg, Serves 13-15
- Energy1008kJ 242kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 807kJ / 193kcal
- Fresh Class A Narragansett free range whole turkey with giblets, excluding gizzard.
- This product is part of the Tesco Festive Food to Order range. In order for us to get it to you in time for your delivery or Click+Collect slot, please check out by 11.45pm on 14 December. Beyond this point, Festive Food to Order products cannot be changed, but non Festive Food to order products can still be amended. A heritage breed from farms in East Anglia, grown very slowly in lush pastures. Naturally self basting, with exceptional succulence and a rich, full flavour. Our Tesco Finest Narragansett turkeys are reared in East Anglia on farms dedicated to the highest welfare standards. They have freedom to roam and forage in lush enriched pastures, expressing natural behaviour as they would do in the wild. Serve with all the trimmings and lashings of gravy. For the secret to cooking and carving the perfect turkey plus a range of festive favourite recipes, visit www.tesco.com/realfood.
Keep refrigerated below 4°C., Suitable for home freezing. Ideally freeze as soon as possible after purchase but always by date shown.
Temperature: 150, 4, 180
Time: FOR CALCULATED COOKING TIMES SEE LABEL ON FRONT OF PACK
Instructions: Oven cook from chilled only. Cook, uncovered, in the centre of a pre-heated oven (refer to guidelines on front of bag). After 1 hour, cover loosely with kitchen foil, ensuring the foil is tucked under the edges of the roasting tin to keep the moisture in. Return to oven and continue cooking. Baste turkey occasionally during cooking process (typically 2-4 times depending on the size). Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the turkey breast and leg are pierced with a thin skewer. If the juices are pink, continue cooking for a further 15 minutes and retest. Repeat every 15 minutes until juices run clear. After cooking time, cover with foil and allow to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes before carving.
Instructions: Not suitable for microwave cooking
- Pre heat oven. Remove outer packaging. Prior to cooking, check neck and body cavity and remove giblet(s) pack. If stuffing is required, it is recommended that this is cooked separately. Place the turkey in a roasting tin and rub the skin with oil or butter(optional).No need to wash poultry before cooking. Always wash hands, sufaces and utensils thoroughly after contact with raw meat. Use seperate chopping boards/utensils for raw poultry and ready to eat foods.
Number of uses
- 40-52 hours (medium), 53-65 hours (large)
- Caution: This product will contain bones..Warning: Plastic bags can be dangerous. To avoid danger of suffocation, keep this bag away from babies and small children..
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per 125g|
|Energy||807kJ / 193kcal||1008kJ / 242kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019