- 2016 Malbec. Wine of Argentina. Mendoza
- Dark violet in colour,ripe plum and chocolate aromas, followed by supple, dark fruit flavours with vanilla and black pepper finish. Sourced from three exceptional high altitude vineyard sites in the Uco Valley, Lunlunta and Agrelo, which produce Malbec of perfect balance, concentration and elegance. Great with grilled, roasted or barbecued meat. Stored in a cool, dark place this wine will keep for up to 3 years.
- Contains: Contains egg and sulphites.,
- Contains egg and sulphites.
- Dark violet in colour, this Malbec is full of ripe plum and chocolate flavours with a very soft, supple mouthfeel. There is a long vanilla and black pepper finish
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
D Full-bodied & fruity
- This wine goes through an extensive cold maceration for 3 days to extract aromas. The juice is then fermented for 10 days with further post-fermentation maceration of 24 days. The wine then sees French and American oak. Barrel selection varies depending on the vineyard - First, second and third use barrels are used.
- From the very beginning The Wines of Catena set out to discover the best places to plant vineyards in Mendoza, identifying the best microclimates for Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Malbec. In addition, new techniques of cluster thinning and harvest practices were implemented to further increase concentration.
- Located by the Andes Mountains in west Argentina, the province of Mendoza is renowned for housing some of the best winegrowing regions of Argentina. The character of Mendoza wines is forged in high altitude desert vineyards irrigated by mineral-rich snowmelt from glaciers and snowfields. Altitudes range from 1,000 to 5,000 feet, where the foothills rise steeply toward the Andes' peaks. High altitude means cool temperatures, clear air and more sunlight which develops flavour.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 5 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Stored in a cool, dark place this wine will keep for up to 3 years.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100 ml contains||Each glass (125 mL) contains|
|Energy||320kJ / 77kcal||400kJ / 96kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016