Piccini Chianti Classico 75Cl
- Red Italian Wine
- Piccini has been making wine since 1882. The winery is still 100% family owned by Mario and Martina Piccini who mark the 4th generation of the family. Piccini is situated in Castellina in Chianti and it is one of the biggest players in Tuscany.
- Wine of Italy
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- This wine is a deep ruby colour, with medium body and silky Chianti tannins. A smooth, well rounded wine offering generous blackcurrant, raspberry and blueberry notes with a long finish.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
- The grapes are removed from their stalk and lightly pressed before being macerated for 10 - 15 days in stainless steel vats. During this phase, the wine undergoes alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature. This stage of the wine making process gives the wine complex aromas and a fruity scent.
- Piccini's story began in 1882 with Angiolo Piccini, who owned just 7 ha of vineyards in the Chianti area. To this day, Piccini is a family owned winery, now owned by Mario and Martina Piccini, who mark the 4th generation of the family. Piccini is located in Castellina in Chianti and is one of the biggest players in Tuscany.
- Chianti Classico is a region steeped in tradition - the characteristics of the climate, terrains and altitudes have made Chianti Classico a region that excels in the production of premium wines. Rows of vines, alternating with olive orchards are a characteristic feature of the Chianti landscape.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 3 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of Italy
Name and address
- Bottled by:
- Picini Srl,
- Castellina in Chianti (SI),
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
75 Centilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016