- Energy916 kJ 216 kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy dry/uncooked rice Per 100g
- Giant Wild Rice
- Visit Tilda.com for more inspiring recipes, or share your own creations with us.
- Open this box of Tilda Giant Wild Rice and you'll open yourself up to a world of delicious possibilities.
- Known as the 'caviar of grains' this deliciously nutty grain is actually an aquatic grass highly prized by North Americans for centuries. Giant Wild Rice is higher in protein than most other wholegrains and is at its best when the grains are allowed to pop or "flower' open during cooking, releasing the distinctive smoky aroma.
- This versatile rice adds contrast and bite to give that special something to salads, stuffings or casseroles. So whether you are planning a gourmet dinner to impress or looking for a luxurious twist to your show stopping pilaf, you are in good hands with us.
- Our promise
- You always get the best rice with Tilda. With half a century of expertise, we hand select this beautiful grain to make sure only the best Giant Wild rice is used in every Tilda pack.
- Carton Sachet - 100% Recyclable
- Registered trademarks Copyright Tilda 2020.
- Perfect for Soups Aperture Salads, Pilafe and Stuffing
- Ultimate Gourmet Rice
- Gluten Free
- Suitable for vegetarians & vegans
- Pack size: 250G
Giant Wild Rice
Store in a cool dry place.
Instructions: How To Cook A Two-Person Portion:
1. Place 120g of Giant Wild Rice in a large saucepan and add 450ml of boiling water.
2. Return to the boil, cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes until the grains have popped.
3. Take off the heat and keep the pan covered for a further 5 minutes then fork through the grains. We like to add a knob of butter, or drizzle with olive oil.
To shorten the cooking time, cover generously in boiling water and soak overnight. Drain and cook as above using 300ml of water for 20 minutes.
Preparation and Usage
- Try diving into a new world of flavour with a creamy stroganoff or add a luxurious texture to your gourmet salad.
Name and address
- PO Box 550,
- RM13 9AE,
- PO Box 550,
- RM13 9AE,
|Typical Values||dry/uncooked rice Per 100g|
|(of which saturates)||0.2g|
|(of which sugars)||1.0g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2021