Quirky Bird Shiraz Mourvedre Viognier 75Cl
- Energy404kJ 97kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 323kJ / 78kcal
- Shiraz/Mouvedre/Viognier, W.O. Western Cape. Wine of South Africa.
- Why does wine need to be serious? Our Quirky Birds don't take themselves too seriously and are free from the restraints of tradition. Hunting around the spectacular vineyards of the Western Cape with the single goal of find quirky wines that offer maximum enjoyment. This quirky blend of Shiraz, Mouvèdre and Viognier is deliciously smooth with rich blackberry flavours. Our Quirky Birds don't like being cellared so drink while young, with friends and your choice of richly flavoured dishes.
- [FOP] Deliciously smooth with rich blackberry flavours [BOP] Why does wine need to be serious? Our Quirky Birds don't take themselves too seriously and are free from the restraints of tradition. Hunting around the spectacular vineyards of the Western Cape with the single goal of find quirky wines that offer maximum enjoyment. This quirky blend of Shiraz, Mouvèdre and Viognier is deliciously smooth with rich blackberry flavours. Our Quirky Birds don't like being cellared so drink while young, with friends and your choice of richly flavoured dishes.
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains sulphites.
- Smooth with rich blackberry flavours
Region of Origin
Home of Origin Wine (Pty) Ltd
Type of Closure
Shiraz/Syrah, Mourvèdre, Viognier
- The grapes were harvested in the early morning to preserve all the flavours and aromas. After gentle destalking, the grapes are crushed and moved to stainless steel tanks where pre-fermentation maceration takes place for 3 days at 10 degrees Celsius. Standard maceration follows with 2 pump overs and the grapes left to ferment until dry
- The vines were planted between 2000 and 2004. Choice of cultivar clone and rootstock were well selected in the rich soils that the Western Cape offers. Vines are pruned to deliver well balanced crop and vineyard practices gets managed accordingly. The need for irrigation gets monitored on a weekly basis to ensure the vines never stress during ripening phase
- A Mediterranean climate dominates the Western Cape with the coastal regions influenced by nearby oceans - The Cold Benguala current (Atlantic ocean) from the South Pole flows along the western coast and the warmer Mozambique current (Indian ocean) follows the South coast
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Store in a cool dark place. Best enjoyed within 2 year[s] of purchase, once opened consume within 2 days.
Wine of South Africa, Bottled in South Africa
Number of uses
- Do not drink when pregnant(logo).Drinkware(logo).Know your limits(statement).
Glass widely recycled
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
Lower age limit
|Typical Values||100ml contains||Each glass (125ml) contains|
|Energy||323kJ / 78kcal||404kJ / 97kcal|
Do not drink when pregnant(logo).Drinkware(logo).Know your limits(statement).
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019