- Shiraz. Wine of Origin Breede River Valley. Wine of South Africa.
- A spicy red, made from the small, dark skinned Shiraz grapes that ripen in the heat of the Breede River Valley. Full bodied with flavours of bramble, dark cherry and plum, punctuated with peppery notes and a juicy finish. Enjoy with barbecued sausages, peppered steak.
- Contains: Contains sulphites.,
- Contains sulphites.
- The wine has classic white pepper aromas on the nose and has ripe, rich blackcurrant and plum flavours on the palate. The finish is soft and long with hints of spice and sweet vanilla oak
Region of Origin
Breede River Valley
Home of Origin Wine (Pty) Ltd.
Type of Closure
Spicy & full bodied
- The grapes were harvested in the early morning to preserve all the flavours and aromas. After gentle destalking, the grapes are crushed and moved to stainless steel tanks where pre-fermentation maceration takes place for 3 days at 10 degrees Celsius. Standard maceration follows with 2 pump overs and the grapes left to ferment until dry
- Settlers started expanding the Cape region as farmland started to become scarce which led to the establishment of the towns of Robertson and Worcester. In the mid-19th century, the German settlers began planting orchards and vineyards and today, almost 40 percent of the vineyards in South Africa can be found in the Breede River Valley wine region
- The Breede River Valley region offers a wide range of microclimates and terrains for grape cultivation. From the higher altitude mountain slopes with its rocky and stony soil to the valley floor running along the Breede river with mainly alluvial soil. A Mediterranean climate dominates this region, with temperatures colder in the winter and hotter in the summer than in the more coastal regions of the Western Cape
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool dark place. Best enjoyed within 2 year[s] of purchase, once opened consume within 2 days.
Number of uses
- Do not drink when pregnant(logo).Drinkware(logo).Know your limits(statement).
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contain||Each glass (125ml) contains|
|Energy||321kJ / 77kcal||401kJ / 97kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019