Tesco Finest Fair Trade Breede River Sauvignon Blanc 75Cl
- 2017 Sauvignon Blanc. Wine of Origin Breede River Valley. Wine of South Africa.
- Made from grapes grown on traditional bush vines, which impart extra complexity and concentration, this dry white displays typical flavours of citrus fruits, in particular limes and gooseberries. Crisp and refreshing, this is at its best when served chilled with crab cakes, chicken pasta or simply enjoyed on its own.
- Contains: CONTAINS: Sulphites.
- A classically styled Sauvignon Blanc, brimming with gooseberry and exotic fruit flavours. Made for us by Johan Gerber from some of the best Sauvignon Blanc grapes, planted in the rich soil of the Breede River Valley wine region
Region of Origin
Home of Origin Wine (Pty) Ltd.
Type of Closure
2 - Crisp & fruity
- The grapes were harvested at 22-23 balling sugar with about 3-6 hours of skin contact. After settling, the wine was fermented at 16 degree Celsius in Stainless steel tanks. Wines was racked from fermentation lees and treated with bentonite before cold stabilization. All actions prior to filling was done with utmost care to avoid any form of oxidation.
- Settlers started expanding the Cape region as farmland started to become scarce which led to the establishment of the towns of Robertson and Worcester. In the mid-19th century, the German settlers began planting orchards and vineyards and today, almost 40 percent of the vineyards in South Africa can be found in the Breede River Valley wine region
- The Breede River Valley region offers a wide range of microclimates and terrains for grape cultivation. From the higher altitude mountain slopes with its rocky and stony soil to the valley floor running along the Breede river with mainly alluvial soil. A Mediterranean climate dominates this region, with temperatures colder in the winter and hotter in the summer than in the more coastal regions of the Western Cape.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 1 year
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool, dark pa