Tesco Finest Fair Trade South African Pinotage 75Cl
- 2017 Pinotage. Wine of Origin Breede River Valley. Wine of South Africa.
- A deep, complex and well balanced red, made from South Africa’s signature Pinotage grape that thrives on the country’s bush vine. Sumptuous flavours of black fruit and coffee lead, followed by hints of spice and chocolate, before a long, smooth finish. Enjoy wit with grilled meats – try spiced roast belly pork or barbecued spare ribs.
- Contains: Sulphites
- Aromas of dark ref fruits and coffee are followed by hints of sweet spice and mocha flavours
Region of Origin
Breede River Valley
Home of Origin Wine (Pty) Ltd.
Type of Closure
- The grapes are harvested & sorted manually. After the selection process is completed, the berries are gently destalked and then proceed to the fermentation tanks. During the fermentation the berries and juice are cooled down to 5◦C for a cold maceration. After three days yeasts are added. Once complete the juice is separated from the berries to be pressed. The juice is transferred into virgin French oak barrels to obtain structure, complexity and maturity.
- Settlers started expanding the Cape region as farmland started to become scarce which led to the establishment of the towns of Robertson and Worcester. In the mid-19th century, the German settlers began planting orchards and vineyards and today, almost 40 percent of the vineyards in South Africa can be found in the Breede River Valley wine region
- The Breede River Valley region offers a wide range of microclimates and terrains for grape cultivation. From the higher altitude mountain slopes with its rocky and stony soil to the valley floor running along the Breede river with mainly alluvial soil. A Mediterranean climate dominates this region, with temperatures colder in the winter and hotter in the summer than in the more coastal regions of the Western Cape.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
This wine can be enjoyed now or carefully stored for up to five years from, purchase. Once open, drink within two days.
Number of uses
- Do not drink when pregnant(logo).
- Know your limits(statement)
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contain||Each glass (125ml) contains|
|Energy||335kJ (81kcal)||419kJ (101kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016