Tesco Finest Fair Trade South African Malbec 75Cl
- Energy390kJ 94kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 312kJ / 75kcal
- 2019 Malbec. Wine of Origin Western Cape. Wine of South Africa.
- A deliciously rich, ripe Malbec from the Fairtrade vineyards that stretch along the foothills of South Africa’s Western Cape. Bursting with dark fruit flavours of black cherry, plum and blackberry, this is a well structured wine with an elegant hint of spice on the finish. Perfect with steak, pizza or dishes with rich tomato sauce.
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains sulphites.
- An elegant, structured wine with delicious intense flavours of ripe plum, blackberry, black cherry and a hint of spice
Region of Origin
Home of Origin Wine (Pty) Ltd.
Type of Closure
- The grapes are harvested & sorted manually. After the selection process is completed, the berries are gently destalked and then proceed to the fermentation tanks. During the fermentation the berries and juice are cooled down to 5◦C for a cold maceration. After three days yeasts are added. Once complete the juice is separated from the berries to be pressed. The juice is transferred into virgin French oak barrels to obtain structure, complexity and maturity
- Settlers started expanding the Cape region as farmland started to become scarce which led to the establishment of the towns of Robertson and Worcester. In the mid-19th century, the German settlers began planting orchards and vineyards and today, almost 40 percent of the vineyards in South Africa can be found in the Breede River Valley wine region
- The Breede River Valley region offers a wide range of microclimates and terrains for grape cultivation. From the higher altitude mountain slopes with its rocky and stony soil to the valley floor running along the Breede river with mainly alluvial soil. A Mediterranean climate dominates this region, with temperatures colder in the winter and hotter in the summer than in the more coastal regions of the Western Cape.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Store in a cool dark place. Best enjoyed within 2 year[s] of purchase, once opened consume within 2 days.
Wine of South Africa, Bottled in South Africa
Number of uses
- Do not drink when pregnant(logo).Drinkware(logo).Know your limits(statement).
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
Lower age limit
|Typical Values||100ml contains||A serving contains|
|Energy||312kJ / 75kcal||390kJ / 94kcal|
Do not drink when pregnant(logo).Drinkware(logo).Know your limits(statement).
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019