- White French Wine
- Following closely in the footsteps of founder Etienne Guigal who vinified 67 vintages, Marcel and his son Philippe, deeply rooted in the terroirs of their region, are dedicated, with passion and discipline, to making the finest wines of the Rhône Valley. The motto of the Château d'Ampuis "Hard work reaps its rewards" illustrates the family philosophy of quality aimed at achieving the fullest and most consistent expression of the noble Rhône appellations.
- Etienne Guigal
- Marcel Guigal
- Philippe Guigal
- Wine of France
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulphites
- Fresh on the nose with aromas of white flowers, apricot and white peach. On the palate there are fruity flavours with plenty of richness and body.
Region of Origin
The Rhone Valley
Type of Closure
Viognier, Roussanne, Marsigliana, Clairette, Bourboulenc, Grenache Blanc
- The wines of the great Southern appellations Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Gigondas, Tavel and Côtes-du-Rhône are also aged in these cellars. The methods of viticulture are always in keeping with an omnipresent respect for the environment. Moderate, controlled prevention against illness and vine parasites allows the grapes cultivated on the estate to reveal fully the complexity of the most exceptional terroirs of the Northern Rhône.
- The Guigal Estate was founded in 1946 by Etienne Guigal in Ampuis, a small ancient village and cradle of the Côte-Rôtie appellation. It shelters a unique vineyard where the vines and the wines have been famous for 2,400 years.
- Guigal's Côtes du Rhône Rouge perfectly illustrates the family's ethos of supreme quality. Careful ageing, together with the meticulous attention paid every day by Marcel and Philippe Guigal to the selection and blending processes, bring to the fore the consistency and excellence of the great appellations of the Rhône Valley.
- This wine can be drunk now but will further improve if carefully stored for up to 3 years
Product of France
Name and address
- E. Guigal,
- Château d'Ampuis,
- 69420 Ampuis.
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019