- 2018 Argentinian Torrontes. White Wine. Indicacion de Procedencia Salta. Wine of Argentina
- From Argentina’s renowned Catena winery comes this highly individual white, displaying flavours of lychee, orange peel and citrus. The grapes have been cultivated in Salta, the highest wine –growing region on the planet, and processed under cool conditions to create a crisp and zingy wine that is deliciously unique. A spicy wine that complements Asian food perfectly. Store in a cool, dark place.
- Contains: Contains sulphites.,
- Contains sulphites.
- This wine displays ripe flavours of lychee, orange peel and citrus, and is light and fresh with exotic fruit flavours and a lemony crispiness
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
2 - Crisp & dry
- The Torrontes grapes were picked in February and March, and immediately pressed. Fermentation occurred in upright tanks during 15 days at low temperatures of 15/17 °C. No oak aging was used.
- From the very beginning The Wines of Catena set out to discover the best places to plant vineyards in Mendoza, identifying the best microclimates for Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Malbec. In addition, new techniques of cluster thinning and harvest practices were implemented to further increase concentration. This research program also led to the conclusion that the poor soils near the Andes, were actually ideal for quality viticulture
- Torrontés is taking center stage a few hundred miles to the northwest, in the Cafayate region of Salta. It is believed that Argentina's flagship white varietal was brought to the country by Spanish Jesuits in the 18th century. Torrontés is found in the world's highest vineyards, resting at 5,000 to 6,000 feet above sea level in Argentina. The high altitude growing conditions translate beautifully to bright floral aromas and delightfully crisp acidity in our Tesco Finest Torrontés wine.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool dark place.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||Each glass (125ml)|
|Energy||320kJ / 77kcal||399kJ / 96kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019