Cointreau Liqueur 50Cl
- Let's celebrate the 70th anniversary of the original margarita cocktail
- The original margarita was created in Acapulco in 1948 by Margaret Sames, known for hosting notoriously lavish parties with extravagant twists. She created a new cocktail for one of her parties by mixing two of her favourite spirits: tequila and Cointreau, a liqueur crafted using sweet and bitter orange peel essences.
- An immediate success, the drink came to be known as a “Margarita” and has gone on to become a staple.
- The original margarita recipe
- 30ml Cointreau
- 50ml blanco tequila
- 20ml fresh lime juice
- Shaken with ice and served in a salt rimmed glass.
- You can also try Cointreau Fizz, refreshing and easy to make.
- 50ml of Cointreau
- juice of half a lime (20ml)
- add some ice cubes
- top up with 100ml of sparkling water
- Crystal-clear, 100% natural, Cointreau is simply unsurpassed for aromatics. A true sipping treat and your must-have spirit for the irresistible Cointreau Fizz cocktail, or for other classics including the Margarita, Cosmopolitan, Sidecar and White Lady. Distilled and crafted in Angers, France using century-old methods to capture the most intense aromas from sweet and bitter orange peels.
- Pack size: 50cl
- An incomparable balance of zesty, fresh and fruity notes, with a sublime, long finish
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Name and address
- 49124 Saint Barthelemy D'Anjou,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
50 Centilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016