Dow's Master Blend Finest Reserve Port 75Cl
- Port - Fortified Wine
- A rich and full-bodied Port in the classic style. Excellent ruby colour with robust and fresh red and black fruit aromas. Full, well rounded and with rich berry fruit flavours. Good backbone of soft, peppery tannins and ending with the characteristic Dow's slightly drier finish.
- Dow's winemaker has made a careful selection of the best wines ageing in the Dow's Lodge that are at perfect maturity to create Master Blend Reserve. The concentrated rich fruit flavours of this wine have gained depth and smoothness that perfectly complement dark chocolate or cheese based desserts.
- Dow's Port is owned by the Symington family, which has a tradition of Port making that dates back over centuries. Dow's Ports come from Quinta do Bomfim and Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira: both estates were originally acquired by the company in the 19th century and today they produce some of the greatest wines in the Douro.
- Dow's was one of the first Port houses to invest in the Upper Douro Valley, acquiring in 1896 the Quinta do Bomfim near the village of Pinhâo. Bomfim's 49 hectares (121 acres) of south-facing vineyards, give optimal ripening conditions. The old vines on stone-walled terraces planted by Maurice, John and Ron Symington in the 1920s bring added complexity to the traditional dry finish of Dow's Ports. Dow's is owned by the Symington family, Port producers for five generations since 1882, although through their great-grandmother Beatrice, they can trace their Port ancestry back to the 17th century. Today, five members of the Symington family work in the company, responsible for the vineyards and the winemaking of all Dow's Ports.
Dow's is owned and managed by the fourth generation of the Symington family, Port producers since the 19th Century. The family, whose experience dates back over 100 years, supervises all the vineyards, winemaking and ageing of this wine. Dow's owns two of the Douro's finest Quintas, Senhora da Ribeira and Bomfim. They were acquired in 1890 and 1896, making Dow's one of the first houses to invest in premium vineyards.
- Port wine
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- The concentrated rich fruit flavours of this wine have gained depth and smoothness that perfectly compliment dark chocolate or cheese based desserts, or this wine can be much enjoyed on its own.
Region of Origin
Symington Family Estates, Vinhos LDA, Oporto, Portugal
Type of Closure
- Reserve - European Wine. Dow's winemaker has made a careful selection of the best wines growing in Dow's Lodge that are at perfect maturity to create Master Blend Reserve.
- For over two centuries Dow's has been associated with the finest Port produced in the Upper Douro Valley.
- Dow's pioneered vineyard ownership in the region, acquiring Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira in 1890 and Quinta do Bomfim in 1896.
- To ensure this wine is consumed at its best, please see best before date on: Label
This bottle should be stored lying down in a cool dark place
Product of Portugal
Name and address
- Symington Family Estates,
- V. N. GAIA.
- John E Fells and Sons Ltd,
- HP4 3ZE,
- Tel: (01442) 870900
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019