Piccini Memoro 75Cl
- Red Italian Wine
- "Memŏro Italia", Latin for Remember Italy, was born as a cuvée wine from our family's Italian pride and created as a tribute to our country's exceptional wine-making legacy and love of life.
- Plenty of rich black-cherry flavour, with coffee and tobacco on the nose and hints of dried figs and prunes. Reminiscent of Port but with a dry, complex palate supported by elegant structure and perfectly integrated tannins, the powerful ripe fruit is delightfully balanced.
- Wine flows through the historical veins of every corner of Italy. Our family has been part of the Italian wine history for IV generations, since 1882. With our roots deep into the territory of Tuscany, it is the very first time when we take up the challenge to create a wine that would not only taste Italian, but feel Italian. This is why I consider that Memŏro is uncharted territory for us, an idea reflected by the rose compass on the label: an Italian cuvee wine born from 4 corners of Italy. An unique project that is not only a tribute to the great Italian culture of which we are part, but born from our Family's Italian pride. Celebrating 150 Years of Italy.
- Wine of Italy
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- A warm, modern style with notes of dark cherries, figs and coffee in a delicate oak frame. Generous on the palate, revealing a bright fruity core. Concentrated, exposing great structure, yet harmonious and soft . Long, dense finish.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Zinfandel, Montepulciano, Nero d'Avola, Merlot
- Memŏro truly emerged as a cuvee wine, a blend of not only different grapes of different origins in Italy, but also of different vintages: the 12 months oaked casked Montepulciano from Abruzzo, the solar Nero d'Avola from Sicily, the colder climate (Veneto) merlot and the passito Primitivo wine from Puglia. The final blend was the one that called its own name : Memŏro , Latin for “remember” Italia. In the fullest sense, Memŏro Italia is born from our Family's Italian pride.
- In many ways, Memŏro is an uncharted territory for us: it is the first time when Piccini takes up the challenge of creating a wine as an Italian icon. The challenge was to create a wine that would not only taste Italian beyond any doubt, but would feel Italian. The project is the fruit of a long research and experimentation, testing and blending from all Italy.
- Wine flows through the historical veins of every corner of Italy. We chose a compass rose for our label to send an invitation to experience in one bottle four different grape varietals, each typical expression of a distinct Italian region: Veneto, Abruzzo, Puglia and Sicily.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of Italy
Preparation and Usage
- Enjoy at 18°C with red meats, richly-flavoured foods and strong cheeses.
Name and address
- Bottled by:
- Piccini Srl,
- Castellina in C. (SI),
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
75 Centilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016