- Children's Syrup Blackcurrant Flavour
- Glycerol & Sucrose
- What this medicine is for
- Calcough Children's Syrup is a non-drowsy cough syrup, which relieves dry, tickly coughs and sore throats.
- What the medicine looks like
- Calcough Children's Syrup is a clear, purple liquid available in 125 ml bottles.
- Effectively relieves dry, tickly coughs and sore throats
- Pack size: 125ml
The active ingredients in each 5 ml of medicine are: Glycerin 0.75 ml and Sucrose 1.7 g, Other ingredients are: Citric Acid Monohydrate, Sodium Benzoate (E211), Anthocyanin, Blackcurrant Flavour, Blackcurrant Juice, Liquid Glucose and Purified Water
Keep the bottle tightly closed. There are no special storage instructions for this medicine.
Preparation and Usage
- Before giving this medicine to your child
- This product is suitable for most people, but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt you should contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not give your child this medicine...
- If s/he is under 1 year old.
- If s/he is allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist
- If your child has an intolerance to some sugars.
- Some of the ingredients can cause problems
- This product contains 2.15 g glucose and 1.7 g sucrose in each 5 ml, which may be harmful to the teeth. If you have been told by your doctor that your child has an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before using this medicine. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes.
- Carbohydrate content of this medicine is 3.4 g per 5 ml.
- How to use this medicine
- Check the information below to see how much medicine to give.
- For oral use only. Do not give more medicine that the carton (and/or label) tells you to.
- Do not overfill the spoon. There is a double-ended spoon in the pack.
- Children under 1 year
- Do not give to children under 1 year old.
- Children 1 year and over and Adults
- Age: Children 1 - 5 years, Dose: One 5 ml spoonful
- Age: Children 5 years and over and adults (including the elderly), Dose: Two 5 ml spoonfuls
- Give the dose 3 or 4 times within 24 hours, if needed.
- If your child does not feel better or starts to feel worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- If anyone has taken too much
- If anyone has taken too much of this product, contact a doctor or your nearest Accident & Emergency Department (Casualty), taking this pack with you.
- If you forget to give the medicine
- If you forget a dose, give the next dose when needed. Do not give a double dose.
Name and address
- Marketing Authorisation Holder:
- McNeil Products Limited,
- SL6 3UG,
- McNeil Products Limited,
- SL6 3UG,
Lower age limit
Advisory Years : 1
Check the cap seal is broken before first use. If it is, do not take this medicine. Possible side-effects This medicine is unlikely to cause side-effects unless your child is allergic to the ingredients. If your child experiences any of the following, stop giving the medicine and seek immediate medical help: See a doctor at once. Unexplained wheezing or difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat (severe allergic reactions). If your child experiences any other side-effects or you are not sure about anything, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Do not give this medicine after the expiry date shown on the bottle. Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment. Retain carton for full instructions.
125 Millilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016