- Red Portuguese Wine
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contain Sulphites
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Tasting Notes Fine deep tawny colour, with complex nutty aromas combined with hints of honey and figs. On the palate, rich mature fruit flavours, beautifully mellowed and a luscious long finish.
Region of Origin
Symington Family Estates
Type of Closure
Touriga Nacional; Touriga Franca; Tinta Barroca; Tinta Roriz; Tinto Cão
- Grapes are 100% handpicked. Fermentation takes place with natural (wild) yeast at between 26ºC and 30ºC. Once the must reaches the desired degree of sweetness (usually within 48 hours), fortification takes place with the addition of grape spirit at 77% alcohol by volume.
- Graham's wines come primarily from its own vineyards; Quinta dos Malvedos, Quinta do Tua and Quinta das Lages in the Rio Torto. Two others, privately owned by a member of the Symington family, Quinta da Vila Velha and Quinta do Vale de Malhadas, also supply Graham with finest quality grapes. All five Quintas are among the best in the upper Douro valley the best area for Port grapes. The Symington family have been making Port in the Douro vally for over 100 years.
- Douro is a Portuguese wine region centered around the Douro River in the Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro region. It is sometimes referred to as the Alto Douro (upper Douro), as it is located some distance upstream from Porto, sheltered by mountain ranges from coastal influence. It is very hot during the summer reaching temperature in excess of 40 degrees celcius in the summer perfect for the indigenious grape varieties of this region. The region has Portugal's highest wine classification as a Denominação de Origem Controlada (DOC). While the region is associated primarily with Port wine production (fortified wine), the Douro also produces table wine (non-fortified wines).
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of Portugal
Preparation and Usage
- This wine is ideal for drinking now.
Name and address
- Bottled by:
- Symington Family Estates,
- Vinhos LDA.,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019