Tesco Finest Argentinian Malbec 75Cl
- Argentinian Malbec. Mendoza. Wine of Argentina.
- Made by Argentina's celebrated Catena Family winemakers. Handpicked grapes, from the foothills of regions east of the Andes, are perfectly ripened, giving the wine elegant blackberry and plum flavours. Lighter notes of blueberry and white pepper develop into a long and fruity finish. Pair with red meats, full flavoured pasta and mushroom dishes. Store in a cool, dark place.
- Contains: Contains egg and sulphites.,
- Contains egg and sulphites.,
- A perfumed, richly flavoured wine with blackberry and plum flavours with lighter notes of blueberry and a dry, yet fruity finish
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
- The grapes were harvested in March and April, destemmed and crushed. Prior to fermentation the must was cold soak for 3 days. Fermentation occurred in upright steel tanks for 16 days at a temperature of around 28/30°C. This wine underwent malolactic fermentation to create a mouthfeel, before aging the wine in French and American Oak.
- Catena set out to discover the best places to plant vineyards in Mendoza, identifying the best microclimates for Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Malbec. In addition, new techniques of cluster thinning and harvest practices were implemented to further increase concentration. This research program also led to the conclusion that the poor soils near the Andes, were actually ideal for quality viticulture.
- Mendoza is renowned for housing some of the best winegrowing regions of Argentina. The character of Mendoza wines is forged in high altitude desert vineyards irrigated by mineral-rich snowmelt from glaciers and snowfields. High altitude means cool temperatures and clear air, and clear air means more sunlight for building flavor in the grapes, helping to make Mendoza the source of Argentina's well-earned reputation for top quality, unique wines.
- This wine can be drunk now but will further improve if carefully stored for up to 2 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool, dark place. This wine can be enjoyed now or carefully stored up to two years from purchase. Once open, drink within three days.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100g contains||Each glass (125ml)|
|Energy||308.19kJ (74.29kcal)||385.24kJ (92.87kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016