Tesco Finest Vinas Del Rey Albarino 75Cl
- Tesco Finest Albariño 75cl
- Cultivating Albariño Grapes in Spain's rainy Rias Baixas requires dedication and patience. Grapes are hand harvested, resulting in this elegant wine, with aromas of apricot, honeysuckle and notes of fresh grapefruit and mandarin.
- Contains: Contains sulphites.
- Contains sulphites.
- Aromas of fresh apricot, white flowers and a touch of honey. A generous palate with white peaches, apricots and a hint of grapefuit enlivened by crisp and refreshing acidity.
Region of Origin
Pagos del Rey SL
Type of Closure
Dry & Aromatic
- Albariño is an early-ripening variety, so the harvest usually begins in mid-September and gradually unfolds over the course of two weeks, depending on the degree of ripening and the quantity of the yield. In keeping with tradition, the grapes are harvested entirely by hand to guarantee the integrity of the fruit. They are stored and transported in crates of no more than 20 kilograms per crate so that optimal conditions of the fruit are maintained from the moment it is picked to its arrival at our winery.
- The history of DO Rías Baixas dates back to 1980, when an official denomination was created specifically for the Albariño grape variety. When Spain entered the European Union (EU) in 1986, however, the denomination was changed to Rías Baixas as EU wine laws did not recognize a DO named for a single grape variety. DO Rías Baixas is regulated by the Consejo Regulador (local governing body) which ensures adherence to permitted grape varieties, viticultural practices, winemaking and aging procedures.
- Cultivating Albariño grapes in the Rías Baixas is an intricate process because of the climatic conditions found in the Val do Salnés subzone. The most relevant of these is undeniably the abundant rainfall and humidity. That is why growers still prefer the traditional method of trellising the vines horizontally using granite posts for support. This method ensures optimal ripening conditions by maximizing sunlight while simultaneously keeping the vines away from ground humidity and facilitating airflow.
- To enjoy this wine at its best, drink within 1 year of purchase.
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool dark place. To enjoy this wine at its best drink within 1 year of purchase. Once open, drink within 2 days.
Number of uses
- KNOW YOUR LIMITS UK CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICERS RECOMMEND ADULTS DO NOT REGULARLY EXCEED:.MEN: 3-4 UNITS DAILY WOMEN: 2-3 UNITS DAILY.DRINKAWARE.CO.UK ENJOY RESPONSIBLY.
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||A serving contains|
|Energy||304kJ / 73kcal||380kJ / 92kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019