Tesco Finest Pouilly Fume 75Cl
- 2016 Pouilly Fume Appellation Pouilly Fume Controlee. AOC. Product of France.
- Pouilly Fumé is made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes that acquire a powdery, smoky or "fumé" blue coat at the peak of maturation. This classic white has flavours of fresh gooseberry and lime with a balanced creamy and mineral finish. Matches seafood or chicken dishes.
- Contains: Sulphites
- This classic white has flavours of fresh gooseberry and lime with a balanced creamy mineral finish.
Region of Origin
The Loire Valley
Fournier Pere et Fils
Type of Closure
Crisp & dry
- Pressing is done is modern pneumatic presses in the winery, and the must is fermented at cool temperatures. The winery is kept at a cool temperature throughout, since freshness and aromatic purity are the important elements here
- Fournier are wine growers making classic Sancerre and Pouilly Fumé in their family winery. The Fournier family estate has grown from five hectares in 1950. The wines can be described as herby, gunflint-smoky, combining appealing aromas with a refreshing crispness. Finest Pouilly Fumé comes from Claude's best vineyards, many of which are composed of old vines, making for rich and intense wines
- The vineyards of the Central Loire comprise Pouilly Fumé, Sancerre and Menetou Salon. Sauvignon Blanc is the most grown variety, with Pinot Noir being used for red and rosé styles
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 1 year
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store horizontally in a cool, dark place. This wine can be enjoyed now, or, carefully stored for up to 3 years from purchase. Once open, drink within two, days.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||per 100ml||per 125ml glass|
|Energy||292kJ (70kcal)||366kJ (88kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016