- Thickened formula for the dietary management of colic and constipation from birth.
- For the dietary management of colic & constipation
- Partially hydrolysed protein with special fat blend
- Nutritionally complete
- When babies' digestive systems are developing they can experience colic which is defined as excessive crying. This may be caused by the reduced ability to digest lactose or protein, or a lower of healthy gut bacteria.
- When babies experience delayed or infrequent passage of stools, this may be a sign of constipation.
- Aptamil Comfort contains partially broken-down whey protein, which is easier to digest, and contains less than 40% of the lactose in standard infant milk. Aptamil Comfort also contains our patented blend of GOS/FOS oligosaccharides as well as forming a thicker consistency to help prevent your baby taking in too much air during feeding.
- Aptamil Comfort is a nutritionally complete formula with ingredients designed to work together to support your baby. You can use it to feed your baby as a sole source of nutrition form birth and as part of a weaning diet from 6 months to 1 year.
- If you are concerned that your baby colic or constipation you should speak to your healthcare professional.
- Aptamil Comfort: Food for special medical purposes
- Inspired by the Science of Early Life, our passionate team of over 250 paediatricians, nutritionists, and scientists have developed Aptamil Comfort, which is specially tailored to help manage your baby's feeding problem and support their nutritional needs at every stage of their development.
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- Contents may settle in transit.
- For the dietary management of colic and constipation
- For bottle fed babies
- Partially broken-down protein
- Reduced lactose
- Thicker consistency
- LCPs (omega-3)
- Patented blend of GOS/FOS oligosaccharides (9:1)
- Pack size: 0.9kg
Hydrolysed Whey Protein Concentrate (from Milk), Vegetable Oils (Structured Vegetable Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Single Cell Oil, Sunflower Oil), Glucose Syrup, Starch (Potato, Maize), Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS) (from Milk), Lactose (from Milk), Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), Potassium Di Hydrogen Phosphate, Calcium Chloride, Fish Oil, Sodium Chloride, Vitamin C, L-Tyrosine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Inositol, Iron Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Uridine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Cytidine 5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin E, Adenosine 5'-Monophosphate, Inosine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, L-Carnitine, Niacin, Guanosine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Pantothenic Acid, Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Biotin, Folic Acid, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K1, Sodium Selenite
Store in a cool dry place. Do not refrigerate.Use powder within 4 weeks of opening.
Manufactured in the E.U.
Preparation and Usage
- Feeding guide 0-12 months
- Approx. age: Birth; Approx. weight: 3.5kg, 7.5lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 6; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 3; Quantity of water per feed 90ml, 3fl oz
- Approx. age: 2 weeks; Approx. weight: 4.0kg, 8.8lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 6; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 4; Quantity of water per feed 120ml, 4fl oz
- Approx. age: 2 mths; Approx. weight: 5.0kg, 11.0lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 6; Quantity of water per feed 180ml, 6fl oz
- Approx. age: 4 mths; Approx. weight: 6.5kg, 14.5lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 7; Quantity of water per feed 210ml, 7fl oz
- Approx. age: 6 mths; Approx. weight: 7.5kg, 16.5lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 4; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 8; Quantity of water per feed 240ml, 8fl oz
- Approx. age: 7-12 mths; Approx. weight: - kg, - lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 3; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 7; Quantity of water per feed 210ml, 7fl oz
- Assumes weaning at 6 months. Your baby may need more or less than the feeding guide above. This information is given as a guide only. Consult your healthcare professional if you require more advice.
- How to use this pack
- To open, remove tamper evidence strip on the rim of the pack.
- There is a handy leveller built into the pack. Store your scoop in the lid so that it is kept safe and secure.
- Click the lid securely shut to keep your powder fresh.
- Preparing your baby's feed
- Because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
- 1. Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 2. Boil 1 litre of freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes and no longer. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- 3. Using the scoop provided level off the powder with the built in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
- 4. Add one scoop to every 30ml (1 fl oz) of water. Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed. Cap the bottle and shake well (for 10 seconds) to dissolve powder. Remove cap and replace with a sterilised teat.
- 5. Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
- Important Feeding Instructions
- For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds. Make up each feed as required and always discard unfinished feeds after 2 hours. If necessary, offer cooled boiled water between feeds. Do not heat in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding. Always use the scoop provided, please note the colour of the scoop may change from time to time. Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed. Never leave your baby alone whilst feeding.
- Food for special medical purposes
- Ask for advice from your healthcare professional before use
- Aptamil Comfort has a thicker texture than most other milks.
- We recommend using a variable flow teat or a single hole teat with a medium of fast flow.
- Important notice
- Aptamil Comfort is a food for special medical purposes. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth and as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. For enteral use only.
- Dental information
- Do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of feeds with your baby's teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night.
Name and address
- Nutricia Ltd,
- White Horse Business Park,
- BA14 0XB.
- Nutricia Ireland,
- Quality guarantee
- This product should reach you in perfect condition. If it is not satisfactory please contact us. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Nutricia Ltd,
- White Horse Business Park,
- BA14 0XQ.
- Call on our expertise
- UK 0800 996 1000 (24/7 service)
- Nutricia Ireland,
- Block 1,
|Typical Values||per 100ml prepared feed|
|of which, saturates||1.5g|
|of which, unsaturates||1.9g|
|of which, LCPs†||0.020g|
|- Arachidonic acid (AA)||0.011g|
|- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)||0.006g|
|of which, sugars||3.3g|
|of which, lactose||2.7g|
|Vitamin E||0.74mg α-TE|
|Niacin (B3)||0.85mg NE|
|† LCPs = Long Chain Polyunsaturated fatty acids||-|
|* Galacto- & Fructo- Oligosaccharides||-|
Important notice Aptamil Comfort is a food for special medical purposes. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth and as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. For enteral use only. Dental information Do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of feeds with your baby's teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night.
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019