Les Tuguets Madiran 75Cl
- Tannat, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc - Red French Wine
- The Madiran appellation is situated on the clay-gravel soil foothills of the Pyrenees Mountains. The "Reserve des Tuguets" comes from a selection of the region's typical grape varieties : Tannat, which contributes fruit and richness, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc which add aromatic complexity.
- Tasting Notes : A rich and full-bodied wine that displays notes of fresh black cherries, liquorice and spice. Hearty and firmly-structured, this wine is best enjoyed with foods such as hard cheeses or grilled red meat dishes.
- Wine of France
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulphites
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- A rich and full-bodied wine that displays notes of fresh black cherries, liquorice and spice. Hearty and firmly-structured.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Tannat, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc
- Each grape variety is harvested at optimal maturity and vinified separately. Following a 24-hour period of pre-fermentation skin contact, extraction takes place with pump-overs and punching down of the cap. Alcoholic fermentation temperatures are closely controlled at 26°C. The total period of skin contact never exceeds 20 days. Malolactic fermentation is allowed to take place naturally. The wines are then blended in proportions favouring the expression of fruit.
- It is an ancient vineyard which was known for its wine as early as the 11th century during the era when the Abbey of Madiran was founded by Benedictine monks in 1030 and transformed thirty years later into a Priory. The golden age of Madiran was probably between the 16th and 18th centuries when François 1st referred to it “as a Seigneur's wine which ages extremely well” and Henry 4th served it to his most prestigious guests, be they French or foreign, in his chateau at Pau.
- The Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée of Madiran is situated in the foothills of the Pyrenean mountain range in Vic-Bilh (which means ‘the Old Country'), 40 km from Pau, in the medieval village of Madiran - from which the appellation takes its name. Relatively mild winters, hot, stormy summers and dry, sunny autumns are important factors in ensuring a good maturation.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to < >
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Can be enjoyed right away but will keep for 3 to 5 years.
Country of Origin
Name and address
- À 32400 Saint-Mont,
- À 32400 Saint-Mont,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019