- Haggis Original
- Visit www.thescottishbutcher.com for more information and share your creations via social media on facebook, twitter and Instagram #SimonHowie
- Original recipe Haggis
- Simon Howie's Original 454g Haggis is now the world's best-selling haggis! Made with a delicious blend of Lamb, Beef, Onion, Oatmeal, Barley and mixed spices, it is a hugely versatile ingredient which can be enjoyed year round in a variety of dishes.
- A Family Butcher
- I've always understood the importance of using quality produce when cooking traditional Scottish recipes. Growing up on a farm, I guess it's in my blood. Our haggis has been a favourite of mine at any time of year since I was a lad.
- Made to our own traditional recipe by our team of award winning chefs and butchers.
- Simon Howie
- The Scottish Butcher
- The versatile Scottish dish
- Boil 45 mins
- Oven 75 mins
- Microwave 5 mins
- Pack size: 454g
Lamb Lungs (33%), Seasoning (Oatmeal (16%), Dried Onion, Barley Flakes, Salt, Spices), Water, Beef Fat (13%), Beef Liver (10%), Beef Heart (5%), Haggis filled into an inedible synthetic casing
Keep refrigerated., Suitable for home freezing, Freeze on day of purchase. If frozen use within one month. Defrost thoroughly before use and use within 24 hours., This product may have been previously frozen and defrosted under controlled conditions.
- Cooking Instructions (General): Remove casing and ensure product is piping hot before serving.
- Hob (From Chilled): Remove outer packaging. Leave the skin with clips intact.
- Wrap haggis in foil. Bring to boil and Gently simmer haggis for 45 minutes.
- Microwave (From Chilled): Remove haggis from all packaging, including skin with metal clips. Place in a microwave dish. Cover and place in microwave. Cook on full power (800 watt or category E oven) for 3 minutes. Gently break up haggis then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Oven cook (From Chilled): Remove outer packaging. Leave the skin with clips intact. Wrap haggis in foil. Place in an oven proof dish with water. Check water level from time to time during cooking. Cook in a pre-heated oven for 75 minutes (190°C-gas mark 5).
Number of uses
Name and address
- Freepost NATN661,
- PH2 0BR.
- Freepost NATN661,
- PH2 0BR.
- Telephone: 01764 684 332
454 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100g|
|Energy||855kJ / 204kcal|
|- of which saturates||3.9g|
|- of which sugars||0.5g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019