Allinson Strong White Flour 3Kg
- Baking Mad.com
- For recipe inspiration including classic bread recipes and tops tips, visit www.bakingmad.com
- Email us at email@example.com for baking advice or call us on 0844 880 5944
- White strong bread flour
- 120 years of milling expertise
- A Story of Passion
- Thomas Allinson set up his first flour mill in 1892, intent on providing bakers with wholesome, high quality ingredients. Allinson was something of a pioneer, passionately encouraging people to eat well and to enjoy the simple, healthy things in life. This philosophy is still at the very heart of what we hold dear today.
- Looking for Perfection
- We maintain the very highest standards of milling. Our flour is made from British wheat whenever possible, sourced from the local farms around our mill at Bishop's Stortford in Hertfordshire and our expert millers still work in a 'hands on' way, carefully fine-tuning the milling of each flour batch - in fact, our flour is thoroughly checked and test-baked to ensure that it's the very finest and purest we can make it.
- Bag - Paper - widely recycled
- Fine flour, perfect bread
- Great tasting home baked bread, ideal for flatbreads, focaccias & buns
- For hand baking & bread makers
- Perfect results everytime
- Approved by the Vegetarian Society
- Pack size: 3kg
Store in a cool dry place.
Preparation and Usage
- Sourdough Starter
- No yeast required - just flour and water! Once established you can share your sourdough mix with family and friends.
- Allinson Strong White Flour
- Warm Water
- 1. Weigh 70g of the strong white flour into a 1 litre kilner jar and add 70ml of warm water. Stir until all the lumps have gone.
- 2. Seal the jar and leave in a warm place.
- 3. Every day over 7 days, feed the starter with another 70g of flour and 70ml of water, stirring to make sure there are no lumps.
- 4. After 3 or 4 days bubbles will start to appear.
- 5. At the end of the 7 days the sourdough starter can now be stored in the fridge until you are ready to use it. You will need to feed it occasionally or when it stops bubbling.
- 6. When you are ready to make your sourdough loaf, take the starter out of the fridge the day before you need it.
- To make the sour dough loaf you will need about 150g of the starter, 500g of bread flour and 340ml of warm water. For stone baked bread, try baking your loaf on a hot baking stone.
Name and address
- Sugar Way,
- PE2 9AY.
- If you'd like to contact us about our products, write to:
- Customer Services:
- Sugar Way,
- PE2 9AY.
3 Kilograms ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100g|
|Of which saturates||0.2 g|
|Of which sugars||1.4 g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016