- Energy932 kJ 219 kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy dry/uncooked rice Per 100g
- Pure Basmati Rice
- If you are hungry for inspiration, you'll find plenty of recipe ideas at Tilda.com.
- For full recipes, visit tilda.com/recipes.
- Perfect Portions for Perfect Meals
- Our individual sachets of Pure Basmati give you an aromatic and tasty base or tempting side for a whole host of dishes.
- Every grain of Basmati naturally soaks up flavour, making it a delicious accompaniment or the main ingredient.
- The Beauty of Basmati Rice...
- Basmati means "The fragrant one" in Sanskrit
- Basmati is renowned for its unique aroma and long delicate grains
- With half a century of expertise, we hand-select premium grains to make sure only the best rice is used in every Tilda pack. From the foothills of the Himalayas our Pure Basmati Rice is known for its tantalising flavour, magical aroma and delicate, fluffy texture that you'll adore from the very first taste. Perfect Portions to accompany for a wide range of delicious curries.
- For Tilda Every Single Grain Matters
- For nearly half a century we have been committed to sourcing and milling the finest rice from around the world
- Each batch is purity tested to guarantee the exceptional taste and unique aroma of basmati.
- Our grains are matured naturally to ensure a light fluffy texture.
- Broken grains are removed so our rice does not stick.
- Tilda® is a multicultural British brand that has been the go-to choice for rice aficionados for 50 years. Founded back in London in 1970, we introduced Pure Basmati to rice-loving communities from around the world, who were looking for aromatic Basmati that they couldn't find in the UK at the time.
- Today we are proud to sit at the heart of many dinner tables with our wide, delicious range including many Tilda® dry rice varieties as well as Tilda® Microwave Rice, Tilda® Super Grains and Tilda® Kids. All Tilda products are made with carefully sourced, natural ingredients so they're all nutritionally balanced and packed with natural goodness. By removing broken and inferior grains we make sure that our rice cooks up perfectly. Tilda® makes choosing the right rice for the right dish easy, allowing you to select the best grains so that you enjoy the most delicious flavour combinations as well as all of the authenticity of the original dish. So whether it's a zingy Thai curry with a sticky fragrant Jasmine rice, a vibrant jambalaya with textured Long Grain adding bite or a delicious biriyani with slender, delicate Basmati - the rice you choose can really elevate your favourite dish.
- 12 mins cooking
- 1 bag = 1 portion
- Naturally gluten-free
- Pack size: 250G
Pure Basmati Rice
- Free From: Gluten
Store in a cool dry placeBest Before End, See Base
Milled and packed in the UK from an imported ingredient
Preparation and Usage
- Step 1: Cook
- Place sachet in a large pan of boiling water. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes for 'al dente' or 15 minutes for a softer texture.
- Step 2: Drain
- Take the pan off the heat. Use a fork to lift sachet out of the water by its handle. Holding the cold corner, cut open the top, and serve the rice onto a plate.
- Step 3: Enjoy
- Let the rice stand for 2 mins, fork through lightly. Serve hot.
Number of uses
This pack contains 4 x 62.5g portions
Name and address
- PO Box 550,
- RM13 9AE,
- PO Box 550,
- RM13 9AE,
|Typical Values||dry/uncooked rice Per 100g||dry/uncooked rice Per 62.5g|
|(of which saturates)||0.2g||0.1g|
|(of which sugars)||0.5g||0.3g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2020