Veuve Clicquot 2008 Vintage Champagne 75Cl
- White French Champagne
By Appointment to H.M. Queen Elizabeth II Purveyors of Champagne Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Reims France
- Wine of France
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulphites (SO2)
- The generosity of Pinot Noir's fruitiness resonates harmoniously with the freshness of the lightly candied citrus aromas (lemons) which are embellished in the finish with delicate hints of toasted notes and dried fruit (apricots). Vintage 2008 is the perfect combination of power, freshness and finesse, and ends with an incredible long finish.
Region of Origin
Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin
Type of Closure
Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier
- The quality of the 2008 harvest was exceptional, with great potential for ageing. 2008 was declared a Veuve Clicquot Vintage, the third in the decade following 2002 and 2004 and the House's 65th since its first Vintage of 1810. New to this 2008 Vintage: 5% of the wines were produced and aged in wooden casks. This was to increase the complexity and aromatic richness of our Vintages. These cask-aged wines act as the spices for the blend, bringing very lightly woody, vanilla and toasted aromas.
- Founded in 1772 by Philippe Clicquot, the house was later taken over by his widow Madame Clicquot at the age of 27 in 1810. Through determination, intuition and acumen Madame Clicquot not only created the first recorded vintage in the champagne region but built up the Veuve Clicquot property to make it one of the foremost vineyards in all of Champagne.
- Produced in Champagne, a small wine producing region in the northeast of France. Maison Veuve Clicquot is located in Reims, the largest city in the Champagne province.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 10 + years
Product of France
Name and address
- Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin,
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019