- Energy744kJ 178kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 343kJ/82kcal
- Strawberry Flavour Trifle Mix with Sugar and Sweetener
- Original Custard since 1837
- Bird's® is the original custard brand, established in 1837 and loved by generations ever since. Bird's Custard is made and served in millions of homes where proper custard is at the heart of a good pud!
- Just add water, milk & sugar
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Pack size: 141g
Strawberry Flavour Jelly Crystals: Sugar, Gelling Agent (Carrageenan), Acid (Adipic Acid), Cream of Tartar, Stabiliser (Carboxymethyl Cellulose), Flavouring, Colours (Beetroot Red, Annatto), Acidity Regulator (Potassium Phosphate), Sweetener (Saccharin), Custard Powder: Maize Starch, Salt, Flavouring, Colour (Annatto), Trifle Topping Mix: Fully Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Palm Kernel, Palm), Sugar, Emulsifiers (Propylene Glycol Esters of Fatty Acids, Lecithins), Modified Maize Starch, Whey Powder (Milk), Lactose (Milk), Milk Proteins, Anti-Caking Agent (Silicon Dioxide), Stabiliser (Carboxymethyl Cellulose), Flavouring, Colour (Carotenes), Trifle Sponge Fingers: Sugar, Wheat Flour, Whole Egg, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Raising Agent (Ammonium Carbonates), Milk Proteins, Flavouring, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Chocolate Flavoured Sugar Sprinkles: Sugar, Wheat Starch, Wheat Flour, Vegetable Fats (Palm, Shea), Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Emulsifier (Lecithins), Glazing Agents (Gum Arabic, Shellac)
Store in a cool, dry place.Once made up, store in a refrigerator and treat as fresh food. For best before end see side of pack.
Preparation and Usage
- The perfect Bird's Trifle in a few easy steps!
- All you need
- About 700ml (1 1/4 pints) of milk
- 2 tbsp (35g) of sugar
- 425ml (3/4 pint) boiling water
- A large trifle bowl or serving dish
- Makes 6 portions
- 1 Make jelly and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- 2 Make custard and leave to cool until jelly has set.
- 3 Break each sponge finger into 4 pieces, place in a serving dish and cover with the cooled jelly. Refrigerate for 30 - 40 mins.
- 4 Spoon cooled custard over the surface of the jelly and leave to cool completely.
- 5 Make the topping, swirl over the cooled trifle and scatter the chocolate sprinkles over the top.
- You make it special
- Use skimmed, semi-skimmed, whole, coconut or almond milk to make your perfect custard.
- Vary the milk quantity in the custard and/or topping for your desired consistency.
- Add more or less sugar to suit your taste.
- Add fresh fruit of your choice* with the sponge fingers before adding the jelly.
- Top with sliced fruit or grate a little more chocolate over the top.
- *NB adding fresh kiwi, pineapple or papaya will prevent the jelly from setting.
- See sachets for full step-by-step instructions
Number of uses
This pack contains 6 portions
Name and address
- Premier Foods,
- PO Box 216,
- OX9 0DU.
- Bird's Careline:
- Consumer Services
- UK - 0800 0327111
- ROI - 1800 93 2814
- Freepost Premier Foods Consumer Relations.
- ROI: Premier Foods Consumer Relations,
- PO Box 216,
- OX9 0DU.
|Typical Values||Per 100g as prepared||Per 217g portion as prepared|
|of which Saturates||1.6g||3.5g|
|of which Sugars||10.6g||23.0g|
|This pack contains 6 portions||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019