Tesco Finest 2 Beef Sirloin Steak
- Energy904kJ 214kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 837kJ (201kcal)
- Tesco’s sirloin steak is a very succulent cut of beef prized for its full
- flavour and tenderness. In addition, our delicious Finest beef comes from
- younger cattle raised on Red Tractor assured farms in Britain, and is trimmed
- to our highest standard by skilled butchers. We also mature the beef longer on
- the bone and for 28 days altogether and it is now vacuum packed, to ensure the
- best flavour and tenderness. Farms supplying our Finest beef have standards of
- quality, animal husbandry and welfare informed by the Tesco Livestock Code of
- Shallow fry and serve your steak for 2, with a side of healthy greens. Try our
- tenderstem and beef pattini salad recipe at http://realfood.tesco.com/
Instructions: Remove steak from all packaging.Allow the meat to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Rub or brush steak with a little oil and season with sea salt and freshly
- ground black pepper.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan over high heat for 2-3 minutes until smoking.
- Place steak in the dry pan and cook over a high heat for 1 minute each side.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes each side
- (rare), 3 minutes each side (medium) or 4 minutes each side (well done).
- Allow steak to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- *These instructions are given as a guidelines only as steak thickness will vary
- All appliances vary these are guidelines only.If cooked rare there is a small risk that harmful bacteria may be present.Tesco recommend that all meat products are cooked thoroughly.Not suitable for microwave cooking.Not suitable for cooking from frozen.
- Add to Defrosting section:
- Once defrosted do not refreeze.
- Add to Storage section:
- Suitable for home freezing.
- Ideally freeze as soon as possible after purchase but always by 'use by' date
- Use within 1 month. Use by: see front of pack.
- For more information about our strict welfare and quality standards visit
- This meat is vacuum-packed, allowing it to mature for longer. Remove packaging
- and its dark colouring will return to a brighter red.
- Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 12 hours in the refrigerator.Follow the preparation guidelines above.
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
UK 5416 EC
|Typical Values||100g raw as sold contains||A typical steak fried then trimmed of fat (155g) contains|
|Energy||837kJ (201kcal)||904kJ (214kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services,