- Energy1145kJ 273kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 458kJ (109kcal)
- Desiree potatoes make great mash and are also great for cooking in a sauce such
- as dauphinoise potatoes or a curry
- Desiree potatoes are instantly recognisable with their beautifully red skin.
- They are renowned for their creamy mash potato. Try adding cabbage & leeks to
- it for a more unusual take on the original For recipe ideas visit the Tesco
- Real Food website for inspiration.
For maximum freshness, store in a cool, dark place. Wash before use.
- For boiled
- Peel potatoes and if needed cut into evenly sized pieces. Place in
- a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Return to the boil, cover
- and simmer for 15–20 minutes until tender. Drain and serve.
- For mash
- Follow the hob instructions. After draining return to a warm hob for 1 minute
- to dry.
- For every 100g of potatoes add 7ml of semi-skimmed milk, 5g of salted butter
- add seasoning according to preference.
- Mash until creamy smooth and serve.
- For roast
- Pre-heat oven. Put 2–4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a roasting
- tin and place in oven. Peel and cut potatoes into evenly sized
- pieces and parboil for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly removing
- excess water; shake in pan to roughen the surfaces of the
- potatoes. Carefully transfer the potatoes into the hot roasting
- tin, turn in the oil and season. Return to the oven for
- 55–60 minutes, turning occasionally until golden (no darker).
- For jackets
- Scrub the potato, then dry and pierce several times with a fork.
- If cooking more than one potato at a time increase the cooking
- time accordingly. Heat on full power for 3 minutes 30 seconds
- (800W)/3 minutes (900W), turn potato then heat on full power
- for another 3 minutes 30 seconds (800W)/3 minutes (900W).
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes after heating.
- All appliances vary these are guidelines only.Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100g contains||A typical 250g serving contains|
|Energy||458kJ (109kcal)||1145kJ (273kcal)|
|Trans Fatty Acids||0g||0g|
|Sugars||1.0g (1% of NRV)||2.5g (3% of NRV)|
|Salt||0.1g (2% of NRV)||0.2g (3% of NRV)|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||0.2mg (17% of NRV)||0.5mg (44% of NRV)|
|Folic Acid||17.0µg (9% of NRV)||42.5µg (21% of NRV)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Other Nutrition Information
When mashed according to instructions.
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019