- Red Portuguese Wine
- Taylor, Fladgate & Yeatman was founded in 1692. It has remained family owned and run throughout its history, which makes it unique amongst port companies. The family was the first shipper to understand the importance of owning its own vineyards. So, in 1744, they bought an estate at 'Lugar das Lages' outside Regua in what was then the heart of the port wine region. At this property the company continues to make fine traditional ports. First Estate Reserve is still vinified at this old property, it is blended to produce a rich, full young port with an abundance of fruit a true reflection of the Taylor's style and tradition.
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- First Estate Reserve is still vinified at this old property, it is blended to produce a rich, full young port with an abundance of fruit - a true reflection of the Taylor's style and tradition.
Region of Origin
The Fladgate Partnership
Type of Closure
Touriga Francesa / Touriga Nacional, Tinta Cão, Touriga Francesa, Tempranillo
- Port , unlike table wine, has only a three day production cycle to extract colour, tannin and flavour. The fermentation is very intense. All Port is fortified with neutral grape spirit before it has fully fermented- normally when only half the grape sugars have fermented into alcohol. This stops the fermentation, keeping the wine sweet but raising its alcoholic strength to 20%. The wine is stored in great oak vats.
- Taylor's is now into its fourth century: one of the very oldest of Port companies. It is the last totally independent company of the original British Port houses - and is still family owned and managed. For more than 300 years Taylor's name has been synonymous with consistent excellence in Port. The stature of its Ports is acknowledged by experts everywhere - and by the international wine auctions which regularly price Taylor's vintage Port ten to fifteen per cent above its rivals.
- Vines have grown on the steep and rocky slopes of the Douro since Roman times. The soil is schist, a hard rock which often has to be broken up using dynamite when planting. Vines are one of the few plants to ssurvive here, and have to put roots down as much as 25 feet in order to find water. Summers can be hot, and winters very cold, but the Douro's unique and austere beauty means that it is now a World Heritage Site.
- To enjoy this wine at its best, drink within 1 year of purchase.
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of Portugal
Name and address
- Bottled for Quinta and Vineyard Bottlers,
- Vinhos S.A.,
- Vila Nova De Gaia,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019