- White Spanish Wine
- Uncompromisingly dry, refreshing and distinctive, Tio Pepe is the perfect partner for savoury nibbles, olives, fried fish, Spanish ham and of course tapas. Tio Pepe is best enjoyed within a year of bottling. Serve well-chilled.
- Wine of Spain
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulfites
- Uncompromisingly dry, refreshing and distinctive
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
- As soon as Palomino grapes reach the winery they are pressed using neumatic presses without crushing the stems, seeds or skins. After fermentation in stainless steel tanks, classification and fortification to 15.5% the wine enters the Tio Pepe solera where it will age for more than 4 years in American oak barrels following the traditional Solera system. During this period the wine undergoes biological ageing under a layer of yeast known as the 'flor'.
- Gonzalez Byass was founded in Jerez in 1835 by Manuel Maria Gonzalez. At the young age of 23 he decided to dedicate himself to the production and commercialisation of sherry wines and spirits. Nowadays the company is controlled by the Gonzalez family, now in its fifth generation. Gonzalez Byass has since been dedicated to the production and commercialisation of quality Sherry wines and Spirits and Tio Pepe went on to become the number one selling Fino in the world
- Gonzalez Byass is situated in the city of Jerez, Andalusia, in the heart of the D.O. Jerez. This area enjoys a warm and humid climate which helps in the maturation of the grapes. The Gonzalez Byass vineyards are found on the albariza soil which is the best soil in the area for the growth of vines as it has a very high chalk content and therefore a large capacity for maintaining moisture, very important given the long, hot and dry summers experienced in Jerez.
- To enjoy this wine at its best, drink within 1 year of purchase.
Refrigerate after opening an drink within a few weeks.
Product of Spain
Name and address
- Bottled by:
- Bodega Gonzalez Byass Jerez,
- S.L.U.-M.M. Gonzalez,
- 12 Jerez,
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019