Riesling Vom Kalkstein 75Cl
- Riesling - White German Wine
- This crisp, Trocken (German for dry) Riesling is an excellent expression of what this noble grape variety does best. The Pfalz is one of Germany's driest and sunniest wine growing regions: during the long growing season the Riesling develops its ripe fruit aromas of grapefruit and green apple. The Kalkstein (Limestone) soils on which the vines grow give a fresh and crisp minerality.
- Wine of Germany
- Pack size: 0,75l
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- This crisp, Trocken (German for dry) Riesling develops its fruity aromas of grapefruit and green apple during the long growing season.
Region of Origin
Reh Kendermann GmbH
Type of Closure
- The grapes were harvested late September at optimum ripeness. They were then pressed gently, cooled down to 5°C and the heavier matter was allowed to settle naturally, leaving behind a clean juice with enhanced fruit definition. The juice was then fermented at low temperatures of 14-16°C / 57-61°F for approximately 3 weeks in stainless steel. This Riesling vom Kalkstein was kept on the fine lees for the remaining time before bottling, thereby gaining texture and a balanced palate.
- This crisp, Trocken (German for dry) Riesling is an excellent expression of what this noble grape variety does best. The Kalkstein (Limestone) soils on which the vines grow give a fresh and crisp minerality.
- The Pfalz is one of Germany's key wine-growing regions and is situated in the southwest, across the border from Alsace. The weather here is generally sunny and dry, as the vineyards are in the lee of the Haardt Mountains, allowing the grapes to reach optimum ripeness. The soils are fertile loess and loam with a high mineral content on underlying limestone.
- To enjoy this wine at its best, drink within 1 year of purchase.
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of Germany
Preparation and Usage
- Serve chilled with spicy tacos, thai style curries or vegetable wok dishes.
Name and address
- Bottled and shipped by:
- Reh Kendermann GmbH,
- Reh Kendermann GmbH,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
0.75 Litres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016