- Mix for balti style meat & tomato curry.
- A product of ISO 9001 certified company.
- Product is not altered genetically
- Easy to cook, hard to resist
- Halal Parve
- Pack size: 50g
Red Chilli, Paprika, Salt, Brown Cardamom, Garlic, Coriander, Cinnamon, Clove, Mace, Nutmeg, Black Pepper, Cumin, Bay Leaf, Dehydrated Onion, Black Cumin, Citric Acid (E330), Carom, Papain
Country of Origin
Preparation and Usage
- Peshwari style Meat with Tomatoes
- Ingredients Required - Quantity & Preparation:
- Beef/Chicken/Mutton - 1 1/2 kg small cubes
- Tomatoes medium - 6, ripe & unripe cubed/500g
- Green Chillies - 6 medium, whole
- Garlic crushed - 1 1/2 tablespoons / 25g
- Ginger finely chopped - 5 tablespoons / 3" pieces / 40g
- Ghee/Oil/Butter - 2 cups / 350g
- Shan Karahi/Fry Gosht Curry Mix - One packet (use less for mild hot)
- STEPS OF COOKING
- 1. Place the meat in a small pot and add 2-3 cups of water, garlic, ginger and Shan Karahi Gosht Curry Mix. Cover and boil on low heat until the meat is tender. (When the meat is tender about a cup of liquid stock should remain in the pot).
- 2. In another pot heat ghee/oil and add tomatoes. Fry until half the juice of tomatoes has dried up (about 15 minutes.)
- 3. Add the cooked meat, stock and green chillies to the fried tomatoes. Cover and cook on high heat for 5 minutes, then for 10 minutes on low heat.
- SERVING SUGGESTION
- Garnish with lime juice and chopped green coriander. Serve delicious Shan Karahi Gosht with hot naans.
- Serve 6-8 persons.
- Balti Gosht
- In the above ingredients;
- add 4, medium quartered onions and 6 tablespoons lemon juice. Follow Step No. 1 of Karahi Gosht. Then heat ghee/butter add cooked meat, garlic and ginger. Fry for 5 minutes on high heat. Stir continuously. Add quartered tomatoes, quartered onions and whole green chillies. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, add lemon juice before serving.
Name and address
- Shan Foods (Private) Ltd.,
- 29, Sector 23,
- Korangi Industrial Area,
- 74900 Pakistan.
- email: email@example.com
- Website: www.shanfoods.com
50 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100g||-|
|Energy||1313 kJ (313 kcal)||-|
|Total Carbohydrates||38 g||-|
|Total Fat||13 g||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019