- Mix for rice pilaf layered with meat and potatoes.
- A product of ISO 9001 certified company.
- Product is not altered genetically
- Easy to cook, hard to resist
- Halal Parve
- Pack size: 65g
Salt, Red Chilli, Dried Plums with Pits, Fenugreek Seed, Dill Seeds, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Cumin, Nigella Seeds, Bay Leaf, Fennel, Brown Cardamom, Green Cardamom, Ginger, Garlic, Clove, Black Cumin, Papain, Natural & Artificial Food Flavours (Screw Pine), Artificial Food Colours FD & C Yellow No. 5 & 6, E102 & E110
Country of Origin
Preparation and Usage
- Bombay Style Pilaf
- Ingredients Required - Quantity & Preparation:
- Beef/Chicken/Mutton - 500-750g small cubes with bones
- Rice Basmatti - 500-750g / 3-4 cups washed & soaked for 30 minutes
- Onions - 5 medium finely sliced / 2 1/2 cups / 300g
- Tomatoes - 4 medium chopped / 2 1/2 cups / 300g
- Potatoes - 3 medium peeled & halved / 250g
- Ginger - 3 tablespoons, chopped / 2" piece / 25g
- Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon, heapful / 25g
- Yogurt, Plain - 1 cup, whipped / 200g
- Ghee/Oil - 1-1 1/2 cups / 175g-250g
- Shan Bombay Biryani Mix - One packet
- STEPS OF COOKING
- 1. Fry the onions in hot ghee/oil until golden. Add tomatoes and fry until the oil separates.
- 2. Add meat, garlic, ginger, potatoes, yogurt and Shan Bombay Biryani Mix. Fry for 15 minutes. Add 1-2 cups of water and cook on low heat until the meat is tender. Then increase heat and stir fry until oil separates from the gravy.
- 3. Separately: In 12 glasses of hot water add 3 tablespoons of Shan Salt and the soaked rice. Boil until the rice is more than half cooked. Remove from heat and thoroughly drain the water.
- 4. Spread the cooked meat and curry over the rice in two layers. Cover the pot and cook on low heat until the rice is fully cooked and tender. Mix before serving.
- SERVING SUGGESTION
- Serve with fresh salad and raita.
- TIPS FOR BEST RESULTS
- Meat: use breast, ribs & shoulder cuts.
- Serves 6-8 persons.
Name and address
- Shan Foods (Private) Ltd.,
- 29, Sector 23,
- Korangi Industrial Area,
- 74900 Pakistan.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.shanfoods.com
65 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100g||-|
|Energy||1145 kJ (273 kcal)||-|
|Of which: sugars||0.0 g||-|
|Of which: saturates||0.0 g||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019