Martell V.S. Cognac 70Cl
- VS Fine Cognac
- Martell VS (‘Very Special') cognac was created over 150 years ago under the ‘Three Star' name (***) and is enjoyed all over the world. Martell V.S Single Distillery is exceptionally rich and fruity with notes of plum, apricot & candied lemon and further highlights the finesse of the Martell distillation style.
- It was the sight of a swift swooping through the air one summer evening in 1715 that led Jean Martell on a journey of discovery and exploration to the banks of the Charente River in France, where he founded The Martell House. Here began the story of Martell cognac.
Making Martell Cognac is a complex process. Every step is key to getting the right balance of flavours. Terroir Since 1715 Martell have used eaux-de-vie made from grapes grown in Borderies, the smallest and most exclusive terroir in the region. Distillation Martell has its own unique distillation method. After heating the wine in traditional copper pots, we leave the sediment to settle, using only the clear surface liquor, which is distilled in the traditional Charente double distillation method. We are the only Cognac house to distil clear wines in this way, producing exceptionally fine eaux-de-vie. Aging Martell ages in Tronçais oak wood barrels. Tronçais means the trees have been planted closer together to slow their growth rate, giving a fine grain, which imparts soft subtle tannins with wonderfully rich aromas. Blending Blending eaux-de-vie creates the final cognac. The knowledge and skill of Martell's Cellar Masters has been passed down to create the unique Martell style; elegant, complex and balanced.
- Signature cognac from the world's oldest major cognac house in France
- Pack size: 70cl
Produced and bottled in France
Preparation and Usage
- A cognac to enjoy on its own, over ice or in a long drink.
Name and address
- Martell & Co.,
- 16100 Cognac,
- Pernod Ricard UK,
- Customer Services,
- Building 12 Chiswick Park,
- 566 Chiswick High Road,
- W4 5AN.
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019