- Liquid Antiseptic
- Chloroxylenol 4.8% w/v
- Dettol Liquid is an effective concentrated antiseptic solution that kills bacteria and protects against the germs which can cause infection and illness. It can be used for antiseptic cleansing of minor wounds caused by cuts, bites, grazes, insect stings; for dandruff, spots and pimples and if medically advised, for personal hygiene.
- For first aid, medical & personal hygiene uses
- Pack size: 750ml
Dettol Liquid contains Chloroxylenol 4.8% w/v as the active substance and Pine Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol and Caustic Soda Solution, Also contains Castor Oil which may cause skin reactions
Preparation and Usage
- How to use Dettol Liquid: For application to the skin. Wound cleansing: Wash the affected area with two and a half teaspoons (12.5ml) of Dettol liquid diluted in 1/2 pint (1/4 litre) water. Cover with dry gauze or lint. Personal hygiene/douching: When medically advised: Two teaspoons (10mls) in 2 pints (1L) water. Dandruff: One tablespoon in 1pt (1/2 L) warm water. Pour over scalp. Leave for 10 mins before shampooing. Spots and pimples: One tablespoon (15ml) in 1/2 pt (1/4 L) of warm water. Bathe affected area daily. If contact is made with the eyes, wash them thoroughly with cold water. If swallowed, wash out mouth and drink plenty of water or milk. In both cases, consult a doctor and take this bottle with you.
- Possible side effects: If you have any side effects after using this product, talk to a pharmacist.
- Reporting of side effects: If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Name and address
- Licence holder:
- Reckitt Benckiser (UK) Ltd.,
- SL1 3UH,
- Reckitt Benckiser (Healthcare) UK Ltd.,
Do not use Dettol Liquid On eczema or similar dry skin conditions If you are allergic to chloroxylenol or any of the other ingredients After the expiry date printed on the bottle Do not use undiluted Do not swallow Not recommended for use around cats Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
750 Millilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016