- Tawny Port. Produce of Portugal. Oporto Portugal.
- A smooth, rounded Port with a mixture of ripe flavours, nutty aged aromas, and a long elegant finish. Made from local Portuguese grape varieties grown in the Douro Valley. Produced by the historic port producer, Symington Family Estates.
- Contains: Contains sulphites.
- Contains sulphites.Contains sulphites.
- A smooth, rounded wine showing a balance of ripe fruit and hints of nutty character, with an elegant finish.
Region of Origin
Symington Family Estates LDA - Quinta do Marco, Vila Nova de Gaia
Type of Closure
Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca , Tinta Barroca, Tempranillo, Tinta Cão
- Made from a blend of local red Portuguese grape varieties grown in the Douro Valley. Traditional techniques are used with vinification taking places over 2-3 days. Fermentation starts automatically after a few hours and continues for 24-36 hours until stopped by the addition of grape brandy. The fortified wine is then transferred to barrel for clarification and ageing.
- This wine is produced on behalf of Tesco by the Symington Family who have been making Port in the Douro Valley for over 125 years. Tawny Port is a barrel aged style of Port created by aging in large oak barrels. This particular wine is about 6-7 years old when bottled. Tawny Port can also be produced as a 10 year old, 20 year old, 30year old and 40 year old wine.
- The Douro Valley is one of the most challenging wine-growing regions. Its mountainous terrain & steep winding valleys create a microclimate producing unique wines.
- To enjoy this wine at its best, drink within 1 year of purchase.
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||A serving contains|
|Energy||610kJ / 146kcal||305kJ / 73kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019