Tesco Fino Sherry 1L
- Fino Sherry. Product of Spain. Denominacion de Origen.
- A delicate, dry sherry to best enjoyed young and fresh. Serve chilled and consume within one month of opening.
- Contains: Contains sulphites.,
- Contains sulphites.,
- Delicate, fresh and slightly nutty, this Fino Sherry is bone dry with a zesty tangy character. Serve chilled as an aperitif or with tapas-like foods.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
- The vinification process comprises of removal of the stalks, crushing, free-run juice draining and pressing. The main objective is to separate the wines which are to be aged under a layer of yeast, a process known as biological ageing during which a layer of yeast forms over the surface of the wine isolating it from the air, consuming the alcohol whilst giving the wine nutrients. The yeast is the miracle worker of biological ageing as it produces the typical characteristics of Fino Sherry.
- The history of one of the largest Sherry houses dates back to 1760 when King Carlos III of Spain appointed His Excellence Don Joaquin as the 'Marqués des Real Tesoro' after leading his fleet to victory against an onslaught of pirate ships. In 1898 the same title was bestowed upon the grandson of the first Marqués who founded a brand name after his title 'Marqués del Real Tesoro'. This prestigious name is now carried around the world and associated with some of the most select Sherry of Jerez.
- The wines from Marqués del Real Tesoro are aged and produced in the area of Jerez-Xeres-Sherry, a Denomination of Origin protected by the Sherry Board. The Estevez Group is the owner of more than 800 hectares of vineyards in this area. The sherry produced is reasonably pale and gets its reputation due to its delicate almond bouquet and its light and dry palate. The organic soil of this area is rich in calcil carbonate, silica and clay.
- This wine can be drunk now but will further improve if carefully stored for up to 1 year
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||Each glass (50ml ) contains|
|Energy||396.54kJ (95.65kcal)||198.27kJ (47.83kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016