- White French Wine
- Bollinger is famous for its consistency of style, structure and aromatic complexity. This is a complex and elegant Champagne with a wonderful combination of velvety bubbles and flavours of pear, brioche, spice and fresh walnuts.
- Bollinger is one of the few remaining independent family owned Champagne houses. Since 1829, this moderately small house has worked tirelessly to acquire the finest vineyard sites, now totalling 163 ha, to guarantee the highest quality wine. The Champagne region of France lies approx 100 miles East of Paris. The chalky soil in this cool northerly climate creates a unique terroir for the Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier grapes. First fermentation takes place in Stainless Steel tanks. After blending, bottling and second fermentation the Special Cuvée will rest for a minimum of three years on its lees to allow the aromatic complexity to fully develop. “Bollinger Special Cuvee. Cool, delicate briochey nose. Nice, rich fruit with honeyed undertones, reserve wine richness and texture. Complex, classy.” Antony Rose, Decanter, January 2008.
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- A subtle combination of structure, length and vivacity; bubbles like velvet; pear, brioche and spicy aromas, notes of fresh walnut.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier
- Special Cuvée is the result of the delicate blending between harvest grapes and a majority of reserve wines, including some aged in magnums for more than 15 years in Bollinger's cellars. Blend: 60% Pinot Noir, 25% Chardonnay, 15% Meunier with over 85% Grands and Premiers crus.
- In 1911, Georges Bollinger's British agent gave him the idea for the name Special Cuvée - “special” written the English way, without an accent. He thought the French expression “Brut sans année” was no match for such a subtle champagne... More than a hundred years later, the name of Bollinger's key figure champagne still symbolizes both its expertise and its history.
- The Bollinger vineyard covers 164 hectares, most of which are classified Grand or Premier cru. Pinot Noir predominates, a demanding grape variety with an intense character which forms the backbone of the Bollinger style.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 10 + years
This wine can be enjoyed now or carefully stored for up to 3 years from purchase.
Preparation and Usage
- Though it is perfect as an aperitif with canapés it can also be enjoyed on its own or with seafood.
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019