Courvoisier Vsop Cognac 70Cl
- VSOP Cognac
- 2016 Gold Medal San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2015 Silver Medal San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2015 Silver Medal BTI Ratings and Competition (89 Rating)
- This skillfully crafted V.S.O.P. (Very Superior Old Pale) cognac is a blend of several crus with a perfect balance between Fins Bois, Grande and Petite Champagnes at the peak of their aromatic potential.
- A delicate bouquet and excellent balance of oak and exotic flavours.
- Grande and Petite Champagnes bring harmony while Fins Bois give a floral and fruity character.
- When the cognac is distilled and aged, it begins to conjure the soft, luscious aroma of ripe peach. After several years in our French fine-grained oak barrels, the spirit develops nutty notes and ages to produce a sweet, caramelized flavor resembling that of toasted almonds. The distillation on the lees is a complex and meticulous process but it gives fruity and musk notes, evoking jasmine aroma.
- In the early 1800's, Louis Gallois and Emmanuel Courvoisier founded their cognac business in Paris. Courvoisier became Emperor Napoleon III's official cognac. Legend has it that he chose several casks of cognac as his one granted item of luxury when he was exiled to the remote island of St Helena. Courvoisier is the only cognac that has been awarded with the highest quality award - Prestige de la France.
- In 1828 they relocated to Jarnac in the cognac region to oversee the quality of their production, and this is where Courvoisier cognac is produced to this day.
- Taste the Golden age of Paris with Courvoisier, Le Cognac de Napoleon
- Pack size: 70cl
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of France
Name and address
- Produced and bottled by:
- 16200 Jarnac,
- Maxxium UK Ltd,
- Maxxium House,
- Castle Business Park,
- FK9 4RT.
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
70 Centilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016